Homemade beer

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dh really wants to try to make some homemade beer, hey this is one of the few SS projects he is into so I want to encourage it. :)

Can anybody tell me anything about it. I have been googling it but some experience or recipes would be great. Thanks!

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks, I just googled the book, read the reviews and purchased it shipped to my house for $4.46. Looking forward to receiving it!!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Home made beer is so good. DD's ex used to make it. He got started, because someone gave him a kit. He outgrew it after the first batch.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
We were in the same place as you last year!

My son bought a Mr Beer kit for my hubby for Christmas last year. Mr Beer kit He bought it on Woot.com for $19.00 plus shipping.

It a very easy introduction to beer making. My hubby really loves his! The beer has turned out great and you get lots of basic supplies that you can always use later on if you decide to expand the hobby further.
:D

Plus there are lots of youtube videos out there to watch as well.

BarkerChickens

Power Conserver
Reaction score
That book is amazing! We own it as well and still reference it after years of homebrewing. We use Beer, Beer and More Beer (a beer and wine supply store). Not sure if one is near you, but you can visit their website at www.morebeer.com. I think they ship. I'd recommend starting out with a kit where everything is included for you. It's worth it! :)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
The concentrated syrups do make it easy. I love the Porter.