Homemade Christmas ornaments

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I used to make gingerbread cookies with alot of extra cinnamon and cloves to hang on the tree, they just smell so good:>) Remember the oranges with the cloves all stuck in them?

My tree has gotten very simple over the years...just pinecones and fake cranberry is all I put on it with some lights and a very small strand of gold garland.

I do hang dried apples (sliced and rolled in a cinnamon mixture) on a piece of wool and a ribbon bow on top. Very rustic and smells good too. I just hang them around the house for aromatic purposes

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
My dmil crocheted us a garland that is white & when we cleaned out her belongings I found another one so I have 2 now. My dm decorates her tree all in red & dmil made her a red garland that I get after my parents are gone. So I will have 3 & 3 kids to pass them on to how great did that work out?
My tree is an eclectic decorated tree. Which is fine with me.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
hey thanks for that idea dac :)

im going to do some, we have in the past with feathers. It was pretty fun :)

Kevin

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Nice little nifty christmas ortaments

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I once did a tree in baling twine garland, small bunches of indian corn, gold saftey pin garland with small gold bells threaded onto the pins and accented with tartan bows, shaped electric fencing wire into barnyard animal shapes with pliers and painted them gold and red...topped it all off with a rag doll (made from strips of muslin) angel. It was the most adorable tree we've ever done!

I always use live pine bows for garlands on the porch and fences and for wreaths. I try to glean most of my decor from nature if I can. This year I found some beautiful sumac berries and placed them in a basket on the porch. This turned out very lovely! I haven't decided what I will be using yet for ornaments but every year is different. One year I used old silver spoons and forks!