Homemade Christmas

ThrottleJockey

Power Conserver
Reaction score
moolie said:
ThrottleJockey said:
I doubt anyone receiving the stuff even has any idea the value..
That's really sad. I'm perhaps fortunate in that my family truly appreciates the effort that goes into it, as well as the actual gifts.
Yeah, a lot of ignorant consumers in my family. You know the type, guys that wear football or basketball jerseys to the mall in case a game breaks out....kids that spend $50-$100 on a shirt with a billboard printed on it advertising for sneakers or video games...I never understood the whole act of paying for the privilege of advertising someones product, shouldn't it be the other way around? I know if you want me to wear a shirt with a product name printed on it, you'd better give it to me free or pay me to wear it.

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ThrottleJockey said:
I do it because I enjoy it, I doubt anyone receiving the stuff even has any idea the value. Even the monetary value of the spices far exceeds what they would get if I bought gifts...
I love getting those kinds of gifts and usually put together gift baskets with home canned goodies. I tell my friends they can return the containers for free refills and it usually works.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
moolie said:
ThrottleJockey said:
I doubt anyone receiving the stuff even has any idea the value..
That's really sad. I'm perhaps fortunate in that my family truly appreciates the effort that goes into it, as well as the actual gifts.
Ditto. I think the only ones on my gift list that appreciated what I gave them were the gals that got the miniature quilts.

DH's family usually looked down their noses at homemade gifts. It's not like these people were wealthy, either. :smack I think most of them still have that attitude, like homemade is lower quality or something. I haven't given them anything for years.