Homemade dandruff fixer?

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I used to suffer from what I thought was dandruff - turns out I wasn't rinsing properly at all, I was leaving soap in my hair.
Thats all I can suggest, rinse really well or try a rinse aid - I guess vinegar or lemon mixed with water.

shareneh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Believe it or not I heard on the radio from a hair professional that people don't leave shampoo in long enough to do the job. He said to leave it on for a minute or more so it can work. I tried it and the same day I noticed my scalp didn't itch as much. Now I do that almost every time (if I remember) and wallah! no more flakes. My hair is shiny too. I use the 99 cent stuff. I'm a believer.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Your hair type would be appreciated! I have extremely curly hair and I realized I just wasn’t moisturizing them enough! Dandruff/dry skin- gone!

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have very fine hair. I was blonde but it darkened over the years and is a bit rust dyed from our water. I am jealous of all of your hair. I wish I had enough hair to do neat things with.
My hair does fun things on it’s own. It falls to just below my chin (wet) and does it’s own thing with a little moisture.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You just don't want fine and straight. It looks greasy if you don't wash it every day. Showers must be in the morning if you want it to not look like you crawled out of a box.

Ive had it with my hair lately and have been wearing bandanas because they cover all hair sins. I even have my Grandmother's bandana she always wore in the fields. Mom said it was one of Great Grandma's first and is older than her.

I rinse my hair with undiluted apple cider vinegar. It detangles wonderfully and also removes excess soap. Just don't use white vinegar.

It also helps with the eczema. I rinse my ears with it as well at the same time and let it sit while I wash my body.

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I suds up my hair then suds up my body. I rinse my hair then rinse my body. Then I put conditioner in and while the conditioner is in my hair I rinse my body. Then rinse the conditioner out.

Monica