Homemade Furniture Spray? Need suggestions.

Sunny & the 5 egg layers

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
My furniture (couch, recliner, etc.) need some sprucing up. I am looking for a simple homemade furniture spray recipe that I can use on my furniture?

Thanks. :)

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hi Sunny,
Are you talking about something that would refresh the fabric on upholstered furniture? If so, some people use a simple solution of some baking soda and water to spray on it. I kind of like a bit of fabric softener in some water, then spray that on.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sunny & the 5 egg layers said:
My furniture (couch, recliner, etc.) need some sprucing up. I am looking for a simple homemade furniture spray recipe that I can use on my furniture?

Thanks. :)
For Fabic only [not wood or real leather] Dawn used to come in a foamer bottle [I loved them and saved about 6 of them, maybe it still does?] One tablespoon of either baking OR washing soda dissloved completely in a quart of water a few drops of Dawn enough so it foams [is great for oil removal] place in foamer or spray bottle just before use add 1/4 teaspoon of lemon juice or white vinegar [odor and helps foaming] Have a clean rag in hand [white will show the soil you are removing] Spray only a small area and then BLOT NOT WIPE up. T
he idea is to losen surface soil with the foam and then blot it up before it goes deeper. If you wipe it just spreads. Use a fresh blotting surface each time. Your surface can become 'crusty' after use. If so try a fabric softener SHEET or Marianne"s recipe. I don't like fabric softener because it tends to anchor oils to fabric. but it will work.~gd