Homemade Garden Seeder

ilovetodig

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
We had a long piece of plastic electrical conduit with one flanged end on it and I put a small long funnel in the flange. I hold a coffee can with seeds in it in my left hand orunder my left arm & feed the seeds into it with my right. It is a little slower than the seeder we already had, but is much easier on the back and I control the amount and spacing of the seed that are dispensed. It would be even easier if I could come up with an idea of how to attach a seed holder so I wouldn't have to hold the coffee can. Any ideas anyone? The funnel I purchased in the auto section of WM for under $2 and had to cut off a little of the long end so larger seeds could go through.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Great idea. What comes to mind for holding the seeds is a little bag with a string to tie. Kinda like clothes pins on a line. You could hang the bag just where the funnel meets the pipe and hold the string there. Or maybe just wear an apron with pockets across the front. Put different seeds in each pocket.

Just a couple ideas.

gina

ilovetodig

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
The apron is a great idea. I have one that should work--just hadn't thought of it. Thanks. Kathy