Homemade goodness

flossy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I made yoghurt last night, expecting it to fail for the third time, but I cracked open the lid to find thick creamy gloriousness waiting for me.

So I cracked out the whole grain rolled oats, toasted a sheet pan full coated with freshly sqeezed orange juice, brown sugar a little oil and cinnamon. Once cool I added sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and chopped dried apricots.

I put some at the bottom of a bowl, added a heavy spponful, or two of the yoghurt. A teeny squirt of maple syrup, and serious yumness followed!!

I am having a serious case of smugness now. My DH came home and ate it straight off the tray, then he found the yoghurt!!

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Great job!
Don't forget my favorite way to eat home made yogurt--YOCHEESE! Yummy. Just drain it thru some coffee filters in a strainer or thru clean tea towel(no fabric softner or detergent I just boil them for a while and then dry) and I sometimes, if in a hurry, add a weight on top.
usually in 24 hours you have a nice thick cream cheese looking yocheeze! I personally like it with a sprinkle of sea salt and maybe some fresh herbs and garlic from the garden.
On top of a home made bagel--HEAVEN!:ya :weee

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I'm green with envy and sooooooooooooooo ready for my does to finish growing up.

flossy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks guys!!! OFG, I am taking all liberty to smirk away!!!

It's funny how everyone likes theirs a different way too. My daughter wanted some with jam, son 1 wanted with the oats all over the top, son 2 wanted just the oats in a cup to walk around and eat!!! DH just wanted it anyway I would deliver it to him:D