homemade liquid soaps or body wash?

Anny

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Does anyone have a recipe or link to any website that explain how to make home make Liquid soap or body wash? I don't use bar soap that much, but I'd love to make my own soap. Thanks!

Also if anyone has any liquid face soaps that would be awesome!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I have a sight where you can buy all-natural liquid soaps, in bulk, but not any for homemade.

detali

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
To make liquid soap buy a bar of real soap, like Ivory or Castile soap, not detergent bars. Shave the soap into a quart of hot water. Put it on the stove and heat it some more until all the soap shavings are melted. Take it off the heat and add enough water until it makes a gallon. Let it cool and you have your liquid soap. You can put it in dispenser bottles and set in your shower for use.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
detali said:
To make liquid soap buy a bar of real soap, like Ivory or Castile soap, not detergent bars. Shave the soap into a quart of hot water. Put it on the stove and heat it some more until all the soap shavings are melted. Take it off the heat and add enough water until it makes a gallon. Let it cool and you have your liquid soap. You can put it in dispenser bottles and set in your shower for use.
Very cool! Thanks for the tip!

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So if you purchase one bar of Dr Bronner's castile soap you end up getting a gallon of liquid hand soap?

Sounds like a real deal! Anybody use Bronner's to do this?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Dr. Bronner's liquid castile soap has been my choice for years. I have honestly never tried the solid soap bars. But I am going to now! I already dilute the liquid soap, but I think I am going to try this method.

Carolyn

Power Conserver
Reaction score
you can make it using potassium hydroxide instead of sodium hydroxide. We have to send for the potassium hydroxide, may as well get enough to make it worth it and order the pump bottles, so am waiting for a little extra money. Then we will make goat milk liquid soap and body wash. :D

rowdysunsetart

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Mackay said:
So if you purchase one bar of Dr Bronner's castile soap you end up getting a gallon of liquid hand soap?

Sounds like a real deal! Anybody use Bronner's to do this?
I have and have also taken bits and pieces of left over bar soap and put them in Bronners Peppermint soap and came out with some wonderful smells.:)

Latest posts