homemade Mouthwash

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Sounds interesting! Add a little vodka and it would taste like the big name brands...with a kick to get your day started!!!!:D

cheepo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hummh...very interesting
may try that...
great tip!!! :clap

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Ohhh so interesting.....

On a sort of related note, I just got back from my second 6 month dental cleaning yesterday with this new dentist. After the first visit they said I had several cavities that needed filling, and I quickly asked if they used mercury fillings or something else. At least they said they didn't use mercury, but I still wasn't super keen on shoving something down into my teeth to "correct" a problem...
Enter the book: Cure Tooth Decay
I found it at my local library believe it or not, and read through much of it. Enough to see that the consistent ingredients in the recommended diet in the "rebuilding teeth" section listed raw milk, raw butter and fish oil. Check, check, and check. So I started trying to be diligent about taking a fish oil pill once a day and eating raw butter as much as I could reasonably, and then having a small cup of raw milk every day or so.

Yesterday's visit to the dentist was uneventful. I have a wire in my mouth to "hold" my teeth in place on the bottom and that makes it difficult to clean around for flossing and such, and I'm lazy. The tech cleaned everything, and mentioned that I was supposed to come to have the cavities filled, but didn't push on me about it like she had last time. Then the dentist came in and checked everything over when the tech was done and did not say word one about the aforementioned cavities. I didn't want to bring it up, either. :plbb

So I'll see what happens when I go back in August for my next cleaning after six more months of keeping up with the same routine. The only other thing I attempt to do for my diet is avoid sugar as much as possible, and eat as few grains as possible. Veggies, meat and fruit, with some dairy is basically what I stick to.

If you want more info visit www.curetoothdecay.com

And in the mean time I'll be saving this recipe too!

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What is a mouthwash supposed to do? consider the ingredients used in the link formula;

Aloe Vera juice was the common ingredient in OTC laxative products in the United States prior to 2003, when the FDA ruled that it was a class III ingredient and not for internal use

Witch hazel is found in numerous over-the-counter hemorrhoid preparations. It is frequently used by women to reduce swelling and soothe wounds resulting from childbirth.

Peppermint essential oil is supposed to be good for the digestive system but is not known for germ killing properties. I suspect it is for minty smell snd flavor.
Baking soda and water is harmless.

Seems to me that she is using this stuff on the wrong end?

hqueen13

Reaction score
Dunno about you, but I don't really trust the FDA anyway, so I take what they say worth a grain of salt.

There are a lot of people that do drink Aloe Juice, it is still marketed as a health drink in a lot of different places.

Beyond that I dunno. :hu

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
Dunno about you, but I don't really trust the FDA anyway, so I take what they say worth a grain of salt.

There are a lot of people that do drink Aloe Juice, it is still marketed as a health drink in a lot of different places.

Beyond that I dunno. :hu
Are Aloe and Aloe Vera juice the same thing? If so maybe many people suffer and need a laxative?~gd

hqueen13

Reaction score
I think so, but I don't know for sure...
From what I see on one of the health/natural websites that I buy things from, it looks like it is Aloe Vera Juice.

I do need to check on peppermint when I get home, it may have more properties than I can remember.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
aloe vera doesn't work as a laxative on hubby. he drinks 4 oz. per day of George's 100% natural aloe vera juice from health food store. It literally cured his stomach.
no reflux, less acid and all that. he lives on it. before he was miserable, 3-4 days after starting this juice he was a changed man.