Homemade Oxyclean

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Homemade Oxiclean Recipe
1 cup water
1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide
1/2 cup washing soda*

Mix all ingredients together and store in a dark spray bottle. (Hydrogen peroxide loses its effectiveness if stored in a light container.

To use: Spray on soiled laundry and let it sit overnight. Or, if you have a number of clothes that are soiled, you make up a batch of this and soak them in it overnight. Then, launder as usual.

Smokin Silkies

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thank you so much! I have all of the ingredients. Now all I need is a dark spray bottle. Not sure if I've seen any dark ones though...just remember seeing the light ones at stores :/

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Some of the peroxide bottles will take a spray bottle nozzle, give that a try.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Cindi, is this recipe colour-safe? My daughter's work uniform shirt is dingy and I want to brighten it, but it's a yellow shirt and I don't want to bleach it out. Thanks! :)

jhad1066

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
If you cant find a dark spray bottle you could wrap one with duct tape......go team macguyver

Jim

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
moolie said:
Cindi, is this recipe colour-safe? My daughter's work uniform shirt is dingy and I want to brighten it, but it's a yellow shirt and I don't want to bleach it out. Thanks! :)
Yes, it's supposed to be, but always do a test spot first!!

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Maybe I can save my coat. It's white and I was wearing it for chicken check-ups after a wet day. Now, I won't wear it anywhere but to the feed store now, and it wasa very expensive hand me down Columbia from my mom. Looking at other coats, the cheapest I want is $90 on clearance (50% off)!!! G's coats are all too thin for winter except one, which is warm, but goes past my knees, lol.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
moolie said:
Yes, it's supposed to be, but always do a test spot first!!
Thanks!

Have you used it on colours much?