Homemade pest repellant? specifically for caterpillars

farmhouserock5

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help!
FarmerJamie: the picture was great, i not sure if that's it, i've never gotten that close just close enough to squish um! :plbb
But i am looking forward to chickens! a neighbor got some from a friend that ordered to many, and they are giving me some! I lubs my neighbors!!! :love
Neko-chan+ rebecca100: hmm.. i might be able to get some of my cousins to help, but most of them don't like to squish things!

Would the flour work if it wasn't cabbage worms? and whole wheat or white? those are the only kinds i have.

Thanks Again!!!!!!!!! :frow

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
sunsaver said:
Bt powder is a good organic control for cabbage worms , the green catapillars that are the moct common pest on brassica crops. Dawn soap and water (1 tbsp per gallon) will kill them. You can increase the concentration of soap if needed, just be sure to wash the plants off with clean water after the bugs are dead. Diatomaceous earth id another organic control, but its not as good as soap. Soap will kill all insects.
Does it have to be Dawn or will any liquid detergent work?

S

sunsaver

Most any soap mixed with water in a spray bottle or pump sprayer will kill any insect. Houseflies, cockroaches, squash bugs, ants, wasps, etc. Try it and see. I promise that it works. Pesticides are sold as a way of getting rid of waste products from the manufacture of gasoline. Don't turn your home into a toxic waste dump. Humans have lived for thousands of years with no need for long-chain hydrocarbons.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
farmhouserock5 said:
Thanks for all your help!
FarmerJamie: the picture was great, i not sure if that's it, i've never gotten that close just close enough to squish um! :plbb
But i am looking forward to chickens! a neighbor got some from a friend that ordered to many, and they are giving me some! I lubs my neighbors!!! :love
Neko-chan+ rebecca100: hmm.. i might be able to get some of my cousins to help, but most of them don't like to squish things!

Would the flour work if it wasn't cabbage worms? and whole wheat or white? those are the only kinds i have.

Thanks Again!!!!!!!!! :frow
Any ol' flour should do.