Homemade wind turbines

philpatton

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I would like to share a site that I came across a website a few weeks ago that might be of interest to others who are interested in wind and solar power that will allow them to get off the grid or be prepared when the grid isnt available. The site is greenpowerscience.com

Some of their project are homemade and others come from kits. They teach through videos that you can access on the computer for free and they explain things so that most folks will be able to understand.

Edit to fix the link

After clicking on the Word-Link button you have to copy the URL in to replace the words - 'yourlinkgoeshere'

philpatton

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
SKR8PN I just checked the link and it worked for me. Maybe, perhaps, possibly if you copy and paste it on your browser you will be able to get to the site. Its well worth the look.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
philpatton said:
SKR8PN I just checked the link and it worked for me. Maybe, perhaps, possibly if you copy and paste it on your browser you will be able to get to the site. Its well worth the look.
The link worked fine for me. Interesting site, Phil.
I'll spend some time there and learn what I can. Power system still working well here in NE SDAK. I'm making more than I can use. :weee

I am having some difficulty opening the video's however. They won't load on this machine.
After spending some time with this site, I find it has some really good stuff on it for those who are energy inclined and somewhat handy with metal as well as wood working tools.

I'd like to know more about the Stirling engine and the parabolic mirrors to heat things.

Thanks Phil
Trim sends

merlinraj

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
To make a homemade wind turbine, you are going to need several things. Youre going to need a strong roof or structure that can support the blades of the device, a connection that attaches to the generator, the tail assembly that ensures that unit will stay facing the wind and other various electrical equipment pieces.A wind power turbine project is something the entire family can get involved with. After all, the more hands involved with it means the quicker the job can get done. This type of project can take mere days to put together. After all, once you got the parts together, you need just a limited amount of electrical knowledge to help you get it correct.