HOMESTEADING AND PHYSICAL DISABILITIES

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ah, I will get on to the profile now :) My mountain is probably more equivalent to a hill to you guys, but it does see snow on occasion!

I don't think I would get out of bed if I didn't have animals to care for, some days that is big enough of a challenge. Lol

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Daisy could be my neighbor, with mountains and water in close proximity. Many of our mountains slope down to the ocean or lakes. However, our mountains are snow covered for about 6 months of the year.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't think I would get out of bed if I didn't have animals to care for, some days that is big enough of a challenge. Lol

for me in the past it has been the gardens doing that for me. hang in there and keep moving when you can! :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well, results starting to trickle in. Not the best news, but things with names can be pushed back against.

when you have a name it can be like when you've taken off the blindfold after pinning the tail on the donkey and you find that you at least got the thing in the right area of the tookus... :) hang in there!

we've been through quite the fun here too lately with one of my brothers. he had open heart surgery on Valentines Day, he was up and walking the next day and they sent him home the next Tuesday, he's doing well, but i'm currently so worried about the potential illnesses coming from overseas which can be a hazard to those who are elderly or potentially temporarily unfit (my brother says he can't do much for another few weeks except very light exercise) and i worry that any kind of chest cold that gets him coughing will present a difficulty for healing of the sternum. he doesn't even have stitches! they glued him back together! and then he has a few months of gradually getting back to where they hope he will be able to golf again by later in the summer.

right now he's in the middle of a bunch of jobs at work (the busiest he's ever been) and he luckily has a few people helping him out and able to cover but he's been doing some things already again there too like estimating a new job bid (like he needs more work, but when it is there you gotta at least try for it in his business). crazy stuff. but it really was something that he had to get done and now we're through the first part of it and hoping it works for the better. we can't tell yet, but we are also hoping this resolves some other issues he's been having for years that perhaps this was actually signs of heart-attack all along that they didn't figure out until finally a doctor was listening to his heart and noticed...

while there are parts of science to medicine there are still the other parts which are art, experience, practice and it can be a challenge to get to the right person who actually figures it out and can help.

his surgeon and the hospital were greatly appreciated and have vastly improved since some years ago when he had a few other things happen, but we won't get into that or i'll be here writing half the night. ... heh...

Latest posts