Hoop Greenhouse

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
The link didn't work for me. :/ Is it just me?

If it is basically what I am thinking it is, I would do this if I didn't have a greenhouse already. I like the hoop buildings you can make from cattle panels . . . seems you can make them for quite a few different purposes. :D

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
DM, I had to copy and paste the link in a new window for it to work.

Becca, would you use this for greenhouse or poultry house? :lol:

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Thanks keljonma. I got it to work that way.

Those look like great instructions to me. It shows how to do the door/ends, which is the hardest part, IME.

I have seen hoop houses made with cattle panels and it seems that would be easier.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Very cool, I've had trouble figuring out the ends myself.

BBH, If you didn't mind attaching them to the top or sides, you can make it work :)

Done it couple times in my tiny Camry. Wood strapped to the sides, pipe curved over the top & fastened to both bumpers, fasteners in the back seat & concrete in the trunk :lol: But hey, it worked. Although my hardware clerk laughs whenever he sees me come in :p

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
That's funny Noobiechickenlady. But hey, where there's a will there's a way.

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Looking at how warm it gets in the greenhouse, I think it would help the chickens stay warm but would also need very good ventilation. Perhaps a hoop coop that was half clear plastic for solar heating and half tarp for shade would be doable for chickens. :idunno

I'd really like a small greenhouse, but chicken housing is my first priority right now. :D

I do think you could use the same end building concept with cattle panels in the middle nailed to a frame on the ground.