Hooray for Illinois - NOT

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Thanks NH H, hope to get my brother here asap, at least. I'm worried about him and I miss him terribly. We haven't seen each other in about 11 years, due to circumstances, though we're quite close.

I've been in Ireland nearly 4 years now.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
People love to bash presidents. For my part, my political leanings are such that I tend to favor the presidents that get the most bashing. If you do nothing, you do not make any enemies. I can't say that I approve of everything he does, but as far as I know, he favors allowing Americans to arm themselves and he is pro life.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The elites bash Trump because he is not a career politician (read that as parasite) and is exposing them for the treasonous criminals that they are. Get us OUT of the United Nations!

Now I will shut up before I go off on a rant about the crooks that run our country.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Though I have opinions on many things (I know, shocking right? Lol) I am a one issue voter these days. If they take our guns we've lost, so I vote for the 2nd amendment above all. So Trump it is.i don't love him , don't hate him . Wish he was a little less crass and a little more professional, but what he's actually doing is fine.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Trump's style reminds me of our previous governor. Every time Gov. Lepage opened his mouth, he got himself in hot water. BUT, he did a world of good for our state, made a lot of people MAD because he was tough on career welfare recipients. Left our state treasury in the best condition it's been in in a VERY long time.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't want to "down" this thread, but things have gone from bad to terrible in S.A. since apartheid ended. The country is falling to pieces. Google "Eskom & load shedding" for an example. Keeping in mind the cost of electricity (to consumers) went up by nearly 400% over the last 10 years...

DO NOT Google anything related to violent crime, farm murders etc. (There is a lot of extremely graphic and upsetting stuff posted and shared about that online, so I'd suggest just avoid it completely) Just take it from me, whites are being murdered daily, especially farmers and their families. I personally survived two attempts on my life, the second one nearly succeeded.

Things are BAD down there.

Interesting how this is being ignored by the media.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The Lara Logan interview this week says it all. Coincidentally, she's from South Africa.