Hope this goes here- alternate to hand sanatizers?

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I am fairly paranoid about getting the flu as I have an immune system disease. So when I couldn't get the H1N1 vaccine, I decided to do the old fashioned thing that my Mom enforced on us as a child.
I wear gloves while shopping or going to the doctor's, etc.
As I had gloves left over from my business suit days, I just pulled them out mostly but did buy a pair of sports gloves. They are thin and elastic with grippy ridges on the palms. Great for picking up stuff in stores.

The main thing is that gloves remind me to keep my hands away from my face. I can take them off right when entering the house so as not to spread things on the door knobs and such. I feel less care about using door handles and shopping carts at the store. Since the virus is not viable for too long, I do feel it is a protection.

Thank you Mom- it was a pain in the rear when I was a kid but so useful now.

Reaction score
enjoy the ride said:
I am fairly paranoid about getting the flu as I have an immune system disease. So when I couldn't get the H1N1 vaccine, I decided to do the old fashioned thing that my Mom enforced on us as a child.
I wear gloves while shopping or going to the doctor's, etc.
As I had gloves left over from my business suit days, I just pulled them out mostly but did buy a pair of sports gloves. They are thin and elastic with grippy ridges on the palms. Great for picking up stuff in stores.

The main thing is that gloves remind me to keep my hands away from my face. I can take them off right when entering the house so as not to spread things on the door knobs and such. I feel less care about using door handles and shopping carts at the store. Since the virus is not viable for too long, I do feel it is a protection.

Thank you Mom- it was a pain in the rear when I was a kid but so useful now.
Every time I push a shopping cart I can't help but think about the person before me sneezing in their hand and then holding the shopping cart handle. What's funny is I never thought about it till they started putting those empty sanitized napkin containers at the entrance doors.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Never thought of gloves. LOL. What a great idea. My stores always have the FULL sanitizer wipe stations. I always grab a couple to carry around the store. Wipe off the shopping cart handle and keep a couple in my hand as a reminder. They also come in handy in the meat dept after handling the meat.