hot cocoa mix recipe?

nachoqtpie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good recipe for hot cocoa mix?
I was wanting to make some for the kids teachers this year for Christmas, and have looked all over the place for a good one, but can't seem to find one. :(

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have a recipe. It tastes pretty good. But the flavor all depends on what dry milk brand you use.

Hot Chocolate Mix

2 cups instant dry (powdered) milk
1/2 cup cocoa, unsweetened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup regular sugar
1/4 tsp. salt

I put it all in a plastic coffee container and just shake it each time I want to use it.
The powdered milk I measure the cups level. All other ingredients, I just scoop and what stays on the top of the cup goes in it. So I would say the cups are slightly heaped..

ETA

You use about 1/4 cup to 1 cup of water to make a cup of hot cocoa

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I finally found the recipe I used to make waaay back in the day. Loved this stuff, nice and creamy. Makes a huge batch.

1 box (about 14-qt.) powdered milk
1 1 lb. box powdered sugar
1 2-lb. box Nestle's Quik
1 7 or 8 oz. jar Coffee Mate

In a large airtight container, mix ingredients together well until even colored and no streaks remain. Cover tightly in a snap top container and keep away from humidity. Store a plastic 1/4 or 1/3 measuring cup in the container for convenient measuring.
To prepare, measure out 1/4 or 1/3 cup of the mix and stir into 1 cup boiling water.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,233,152183-238201,00.html

nachoqtpie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh man.... they all look so good!! How am I ever going to decide which one to make for the kids teachers?! LOL

I'm not sure if I want to make hot cocoa for the male teachers and either bath salts or sugar scrub for the females... or if I should just make hot chocolate for all of them! What do you guys think? I'm going to make sugar scrub and bath salts for my mom and best friend tho. And then for my step dads' "man room" I'm making him a bowl made from a vinyl record so he can put his guitar picks and such in it. I figure he would like that. :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:lol: make sure the ladies get CHOCOLATE!

nachoqtpie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
:lol: make sure the ladies get CHOCOLATE!
haha!!

I thought about that too... I think with the recipe that Marianne posted there would DEF be enough for ALL the teachers! Now comes the part where I have to find something to PUT the mix in!! I was thinking about getting nice glass containers at Michaels or something... but... then we run the risk of one of the kids dropping them and them breaking! I'm not super worried about my daughter... I can just drive her to school and she would only have 2 (one for her teacher, one for her Principal) but my son has FIVE that he would have to carry around all day!! LOL That's a lot for an almost 13 year old with ADHD.... LOL