How about something completely different?

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We have lived with a moderate to severe drought here on this property in SC. I found out, that i had loads less laundry to do when there was a chance the well would run low. It did. Twice. On my watch.
It ended up that we would wear our clothes longer, push an extra week on the bed sheets, re-use laundry rinse water.
Now, take that into consideration if you were to lose power completely. You would not be doing those many loads of laundry anymore.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh crap! I forgot about having to chop and saw all that wood!! I'd be playing the old lady card really fast!
Honestly, I'd miss things that don't grow here, like citrus fruit.

DH is still pondering this. Electricity and all it provides for us is his first pick. Probably because March Madness is right around the corner. :bow (That's him.)

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
No more March Madness then!!...if TWAWKI..actually ever happens. No more anything. That would just make life interesting now...wouldn't it.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I like the thoughts posted so far! I posted olives because I was being a little light hearted. I didn't want to constrain the discussion, but I was really thinking along the lines of luxuries.

I think most of us realize as we grow more of our own things, seasonally is the reality - no fresh strawberries in winter. :)

I would miss shrimp, too. :D

emilie brown

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I would miss chocolate also. I wouldn't miss my dryer I don't use it anyway. There really isn't to many things I would miss.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Bacon. Because we have yet to raise our own pigs and I don't have a smoke house. And when we run out if bacon it really is the end of the world. And coffee.

After that, mail order chicks ...yea I would miss that.

Latest posts