How can I heat my horse water trough in the winter?

IW

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Oh wow! Many years ago it was Backwoods Solar who helped us set up our solar system and they were so patient and helpful Now it looks as if they are coming up with a solution to the water trough problem :D That's great. I'm going to look around the site to see what else they have been up to.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty neat myslef, if I had horses or cattles I'd sure get one or make one.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
IW said:
Oh wow! Many years ago it was Backwoods Solar who helped us set up our solar system and they were so patient and helpful Now it looks as if they are coming up with a solution to the water trough problem :D That's great. I'm going to look around the site to see what else they have been up to.
No, that is Backwoods Home via Jackie Clay.

ducks4you

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
WOW! You guys really came through!! :D
Great ideas. Right now, I remove my big tank around mid-December, and store IT under the canoe and it's rack, and fill my smaller, rubber waterers, the ones that hold ~20 gallons of water. If it's empty, my QH "Buster" will move it and then I have to find it, or replace it with the 2nd one and look for it later. This morning he had dragged it inside the shelter. Either way I'm hauling buckets...from the house.
IW, glad SOMEBODY else realizes that those heaters AREN'T safe!!
I must REALLY be into sufficiency when I'm planning for next winter in the middle of THIS one. =b

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm planning for next year, too. I have the auto waterer, but if there's a power outage, and it's freezing cold out, my horses would have no water. So, I'm planning on making one of those wood burning tank heaters.

Latest posts