How do a person's political views relate to self sufficiency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottSD

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Gore had more votes?

sure whatever.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P2-427345.html

He may have invented the internet, but thankfully he did not become president.

Wifezilla said:
what the government is doing today (especially in the last 11 or so months) goes against everything a frugal and self-sufficient person would do if they were in financial trouble
Exactly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsZK59Zx0g4&feature=player_embedded

This explains it all :D
I like that song!

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Let's try to have a fair and open discussion without inflammatory statements and maybe we won't get locked down.

hikerchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
inchworm said:
Let's try to have a fair and open discussion without inflammatory statements and maybe we won't get locked down.
Is it even possible?

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
The voting in Fla. was very screwed up. I lived there and it was embarrassing, having the news come out after the investigations. But it was beside the point. When the original vote counts were finishing, Gore conceded- so he gave up too soon. If he hadn't conceded we might have had a different Pres.

Reaction score
ScottSD said:
Gore had more votes?

sure whatever.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P2-427345.html

He may have invented the internet, but thankfully he did not become president.

Wifezilla said:
what the government is doing today (especially in the last 11 or so months) goes against everything a frugal and self-sufficient person would do if they were in financial trouble
Exactly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsZK59Zx0g4&feature=player_embedded

This explains it all :D
I like that song!
He actually did. Even though it was not allowed to be official. News organizations from both sides including the NY Times and the Washington Post did a recount of Fl ballots. Gore was the clear winner. In 2004 Bush actually won.

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The fact is that the New York times and the Washington Post can't determine legitimate votes. Only the state of Florida can.

hikerchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
How does the outcome of an election all those years ago have anything to do with the original topic?

don't argue just to argue.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
hikerchick said:
inchworm said:
Is it even possible?
So far, so good. :)

As for the link between communism and the Holocaust, well my history sucks. The reading I just now did reminded me of the fact that Nazis were not, in fact, communist.

Anyway, I think the overall point remains: Efficiency is not necessarily a super great thing. Dictators can be efficient, whether they are communist, Nazi or other :D. I think some level of inefficiency is part of a large democracy.

As for nitpicking over who won the 2000 election, that's somewhat distant history and not really the point.

The point is, why should self suffiency be limited to people with specific political views?

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
inchworm said:
No inflammatory statements from either side. I am not participating in this thread so I can keep an eye on it. If everyone behaves it will remain open.

Status
Not open for further replies.