How do you all store your seeds??

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have a vacuum sealer machine (very old now but still works) and it will allow me to vacuum pack anything I want in glass jars (mason jars work well.) I also put some in mylar bags and vacuum seal them.

Some of the seeds I have (read beans I bought from www.waltonfeed.com) are viable and I store them in 1 gallon paint cans packed with food grade nitrogen gas. That gives them a shelf life of about 10 years.

I also bought a number of heirloom seeds that were packaged in mylar bags and sent in a section of 4" PVC pipe with one end glued shut and the other end sealed with PVC tape and press fit together. These are kept in a special location; out of sight and "out of mind" for a few reasons.
YMMV

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Icu4dzs said:
I have a vacuum sealer machine (very old now but still works) and it will allow me to vacuum pack anything I want in glass jars (mason jars work well.) I also put some in mylar bags and vacuum seal them.

Some of the seeds I have (read beans I bought from www.waltonfeed.com) are viable and I store them in 1 gallon paint cans packed with food grade nitrogen gas. That gives them a shelf life of about 10 years.

I also bought a number of heirloom seeds that were packaged in mylar bags and sent in a section of 4" PVC pipe with one end glued shut and the other end sealed with PVC tape and press fit together. These are kept in a special location; out of sight and "out of mind" for a few reasons.
YMMV
Good read. I have started to do the vacuum seal myself. I likey the PVC idea. :):thumbsup

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We have always store seeds in the fridge, freezer, and in the cellar. Just a dry, cool spot.

Latest posts