How do you shop?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
abi is right. People just don't know how to cook anymore. I can't even give away fresh herbs to my neighbors because they don't know what to do with them!

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My oldest son had a girlfriend that had never seen or even heard of 'homemade' pickles. Apparently she thought they grew that way (pre-pickled). I was dumbfounded that she didn't know there was even a process of turning cukes into pickles. :th Needless to say, she didn't last long :lol:

becky3086

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I have told this story before but my daughter-in-law lived with us for a couple years and slowly got used to my recycling ways and butchering in the back yard. When I killed a snake in the quail pen she asked me if we were going to eat it, lol.
I have gotten a lot pickier. I think everyone is picky about fresh produce but I have gotten a LOT pickier about what boxed foods I buy. I tend to read the label now.
My co-worker bought us in some "muffins" Friday and asked me if I wanted some. They were the most unnatural shade of blue and pink. I said, "Let me read the label" and then said immediately said, "Nope" when she turned it over and I saw the huge list of ingredients. She then told me a story/excuse about how she used to read the labels but doesn't anymore. :smack

Latest posts