How high does a fence need to be to keep Rabbits OUT of my garden?

rd200

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Rabbits are eating my new seedlings and im getting mad after replating twice already. im going to fence my whole garden with chicken wire and posts, how high does the chicken wire need to be to keep them out???

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
With rabbits it's more like how low does it need to go, they can squeeze under spaces you wouldn't imagine they can get through.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If you going to go thru the trouble of keeping the rabbits out, why not go a little higher and better and keep a few other critters out as well? Today rabbits....tomorrow coons. You won't exactly keep a coon out with a fence, but you can have a good fence and put things that will scare a coon out. And there are other things that could damage a garden as well. I like a big fence surrounding my garden anyway because you can use it to grow lima beans on and other things.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
High enough to contain a good dog. :D

You could try electric mesh netting, which will keep out any number of 4 footed pests, or you could just go with deer netting with a deer netting apron along the ground outside the standing fencing.