How much are ya'll selling honey for now?

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Another reason why one honey might crystalize before another is that the nectar source was a different flower. We found aster honey crystalizes very easily.

You could seal the jars with that shrink wrap that seals with a hand-held hair dryer. I have seen that on raw, unfiltered honey in our area of the country.

Congratulations on the honey sales, rhoda_bruce! :thumbsup

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
cuallaidh said:
freemotion said:
You are not going to be happy with me but I buy local wildflower honey, raw, for $1.50 per pound.....in a 60 lb, five gallon pail.

I used to pay $6-10 per lb, though, a pound jar at a time.
ya that's how I buy, but I think I pay almost $2/lbs depending on type, buying in bulk is way cheaper, I don't think this person is talking about selling 60 lbs per go though.
I tried to get honey shipped from Waltonfeed.com here but they said the shippers wouldn't handle 5 gallong buckets because they had a tendency to break and spill honey all over their trucks so they will only take 1 gallon containers now. (kills the price advantage to have anything shipped here because they are so expensive with the "fuel surcharge".

Honey up this way costs quite a bit. I've been paying $12.99 for a 3 lb bottle in the stores. It won't cost quite that much from an independent beek but they were hard to find. Now that I have my own hives I'll start getting my own raw honey next year. I'll have to let the ladies make enough food for themselves to survive our 8 month winters up here...well 6 at any rate... :barnie

I didn't know you were supposed to "pasteurize honey" so I don't but apparently some folks do. Hmmm, better go ask Keljonma what she thinks... :clap
//BT//
Trim sends

Latest posts