How much computer time

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Too much since I found these forums! :D Other than getting on in the evenings for a search for info, or to scan these forums, never really turn it on. Don't let the kids use my computer as they cannot be trusted to not download games and music....along with a few healthy viruses. They can use the computers at the library when we go!

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Busted! No TV but WAY too much computer :) My job is as a medical transcriptionist at home, so automatically I get 20-22 hours on it that way. Plus WAYYYYY too much time on these forums :)

Nuggetsowner:)

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I too am guilty of using the computer way too much. It seems as if life at my house would end if something happened to one of our three computers. DH and I have one that is for business and that I use for more social purposes. ;) My younger two boys have an older one that they play games on and can do homework kind of stuff on. They are given only certain times they can do this unless it is a research kind of thing. My oldest son worked very hard and saved up enough money to buy a very nice computer. He does all his homework and some gaming on it. This fall we will be adding two more as DH and I have decided to buy a laptop and so my DS decided he would probably buy one as well. He travels to do debate, academic decathalon and that sort of thing so he thinks it would be nice to take his research along!! So I think you could say we spend alot of time on the computer!! :caf

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Including work? Probably 10-12 hours a day.

Cassandra

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
On the computer alot
It is in my soap making room so I leave it on and catch up on email orders and such.
research farm related items all the time.
forums, yes..:)
I love my computer but again, hate the DSL cost but it is a good necessary evil!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
ticks said:
Beekissed said:
Too much since I found these forums! :D
Me too I was never on the computer before I found these.
Me, too, ticks! Well, I used to get on occasionally to check my bank statements, look for jobs, look up info on different things...NOW,it seems I'm getting on at least once a day because I'm afraid I'll miss something of interest on the forums! I'm trying to break the habit.... :fl Once work picks up here and canning starts, I probably won't be able to get on here much.