how sick can adrenal fatigue and allergies make you?

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
You might be very surprised!
Kerry Ann posted her full story the other day, and it is an amazing read.
http://www.cookingtf.com/2011/06/13/kerryanns-story/#more-886

My health began to rapidly deteriorate after the miscarriage. Months later, I was still not recovered. On July 4, 2006, I hit what I thought was rock bottom. We were out of town with my husbands job and after a high-end restaurant meal, I was convinced that I was not going to live through the night. I was throwing up, having diarrhea, having severe belching and hiccups, my whole body was wracked with excruciating pain and I couldnt move. Every nerve in my body was screaming. I was in a panic and I was sure that I was about to die, the pain was so severe. I just wanted to get to the roof of the hotel and throw myself off to stop the pain. But I couldnt move. I remember finally passing out, laying on the bed, while fireworks went off overhead.

Ema

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
You might be very surprised!
Kerry Ann posted her full story the other day, and it is an amazing read.
http://www.cookingtf.com/2011/06/13/kerryanns-story/#more-886

My health began to rapidly deteriorate after the miscarriage. Months later, I was still not recovered. On July 4, 2006, I hit what I thought was rock bottom. We were out of town with my husbands job and after a high-end restaurant meal, I was convinced that I was not going to live through the night. I was throwing up, having diarrhea, having severe belching and hiccups, my whole body was wracked with excruciating pain and I couldnt move. Every nerve in my body was screaming. I was in a panic and I was sure that I was about to die, the pain was so severe. I just wanted to get to the roof of the hotel and throw myself off to stop the pain. But I couldnt move. I remember finally passing out, laying on the bed, while fireworks went off overhead.
thanks for sharing this was a fantastic read, I had no clue who she was so I was curious. turns out her ordeal is fully pact with a lot of helpful information. again, thank you for sharing,

Ema

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
I love her website. It is above and beyond all the traditional food blogs and websites out there. Be sure and check out the forum as well.

MetalSmitten

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
would anyone here happen to have any recommendations for resources about adrenal fatigue? i've only just recently heard of it, but it seems to describe me to a T... google unfortunately brings up a wide variety of sites with conflicting information, so i thought i'd ask if anyone with personal experience might be able to point me in the right direction :)

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It was a good read, but honestly for me what it was all about was figuring out that she had heavy metal poisoning. Along the way she determined she was a celiac and needed to avoid certain foods, but the key point was that she had been poisoned by her fillings and the thermometer.

I don't think it really pointed to adrenal fatigue or allergies, although decreasing stress and avoiding certain foods helped her out.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
glenolam said:
It was a good read, but honestly for me what it was all about was figuring out that she had heavy metal poisoning. Along the way she determined she was a celiac and needed to avoid certain foods, but the key point was that she had been poisoned by her fillings and the thermometer.

I don't think it really pointed to adrenal fatigue or allergies, although decreasing stress and avoiding certain foods helped her out.
No, she did not stress that all that much. I know more of her story then what is related there, and I can find that for you if you like.
Basically, any food allergy that is actually making one ill will cause adrenal fatigue, whether it is mild or severe.
Both poisonings caused severe adrenal fatigue for her, hence the inability to function.

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ahhh...that makes more sense, BB. Thanks.

I was wondering how the title of your thread related to the article; I was thinking the article was going to be about how adrenal fatigue / allergies made this woman as sick as she was.

I'll definitely poke around her other articles and read more about that - it is something very many people go through, but fail to realize.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
MetalSmitten said:
would anyone here happen to have any recommendations for resources about adrenal fatigue? i've only just recently heard of it, but it seems to describe me to a T... google unfortunately brings up a wide variety of sites with conflicting information, so i thought i'd ask if anyone with personal experience might be able to point me in the right direction :)
Run a search on SS, and you will find my adrenal fatigue thread from a while back.