How to get rid of a headache?

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I get migraines, so does my DD. Her doctor told her to take an advil, drink a coke and put an ice pack on her neck, at first onset. Ever since I have been doing that, my migraines don't incapacitate me as they used to.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
Dace said:
Well funny that you should mention that..... Let's just say that there was a little action that increased the head pain to the point of waving a white flag, it was a no go.......and something that no man says no to :th
If he said no to what I THINK he said no to, he better get his butt into the Dr's office. He is one sick puppy. Part of this post I am joking around, but NOT the part about seeing his Dr.
Yep, not able to, um....complete.

Although as I said there were contributing factors that aggravated the situation.

Going to check out his BP today and then decide if he should go to the Dr.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
I get migraines, so does my DD. Her doctor told her to take an advil, drink a coke and put an ice pack on her neck, at first onset. Ever since I have been doing that, my migraines don't incapacitate me as they used to.
That has helped my DD to ward off migraines too. I will add that to my growing list of remedies.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Dace said:
FarmerDenise said:
That has helped my DD to ward off migraines too. I will add that to my growing list of remedies.
I always keep coca cola around and pity the person who drinks the last can!!!! :lol:
Actually I keep a can or two stashed in my closet, since DSS and other guests have a tendency to help themselves to the sodas in the fridge :rolleyes: And SO forgets to remind people NOT to drink my last coke!!!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
Dace said:
FarmerDenise said:
I always keep coca cola around and pity the person who drinks the last can!!!! :lol:
Actually I keep a can or two stashed in my closet, since DSS and other guests have a tendency to help themselves to the sodas in the fridge :rolleyes: And SO forgets to remind people NOT to drink my last coke!!!
DD found that trying to drink enough coke gave her an upset stomach so we started buying her the starbucks Double Shot espresso drinks. She keeps a couple in her medicine cabinet so no one steals them. :)

sonjab314

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
IF it is migraines, try Flax Seed oil, magnesium, and calcium w/Vit D. I am a chronic migraine sufferer. I am actually on disability due to migraines and the seizures they produce for me. Anyway, on top of prescription meds, my dr has me take the vits above daily to help prevent migraines. I hope that is not what it is. Those are horrible to suffer with.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Feverfew has been shown to be of help for some people with migraines. I don't have my books in front of me at the moment, but I seem to remember that one needs to take it over time to get relief - that is, everyday for several weeks, and not just a cup of tea when the headache is already there. Also, I think that actually eating the leaf (which is bitter) was recommended. You would want to do some research before starting him on it - or I will for you, if you want.
Luckily I don't get headaches very often, and hardly ever are they severe. For my "little" headaches I have sometimes got relief by rubbing a drop or two of lavendar oil into my temples - both the rubbing and the lavendar are therapeutic. Don't know if that would help with bad headaches though.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
sonjab314 said:
IF it is migraines, try Flax Seed oil, magnesium, and calcium w/Vit D. I am a chronic migraine sufferer. I am actually on disability due to migraines and the seizures they produce for me. Anyway, on top of prescription meds, my dr has me take the vits above daily to help prevent migraines. I hope that is not what it is. Those are horrible to suffer with.
He is prone to headaches, but not migraines. This one does appear to be a migraine as it is fairly debilitating today and he has light sensitivity. We chatted a bit and determined that it started 3 days ago, so he hasn't been suffering as ling as I thought.

He took some ibuprofen and drank a double shot.... now he is napping.

Addig more mag. is probably a good idea, not sure how much though. We already take D

sonjab314

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I take 1200 mg Flax oil 3 times a day, 250 mg magnesium-1 pill 2 times a day, and 1 tablet of calcium 600 mg w/400 iu vit D. Then there are the scripts that don't work :/ . I hope he gets some relief. Napping is a very good thing for him right now.