How to get started hunting?

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Don't worry...the old guns we have laying around have killed plenty of deer quickly and cleanly! ;) We don't hunt unless we can provide the deer with a quick and clean death. This year I wouldn't allow my youngest to go out hunting because he hadn't picked up his bow to practice more than once all year.

Actually, we have to more or less see them drop around here, as we hunt on an acre of ground and the neighbor to our left is very vindictive and would try to prevent us from recovering our deer if it ran to his side. Mostly they just drop right here or run a few yards and drop.

I don't allow the boys to take a bow shot more than 35-40 yards and we hunt with a shotgun and slugs if we use a gun, which isn't often.
Glad to hear that Bee! The farm that I am blessed to be able to hunt, is just over 200 acres. :celebrate So I can get into some pretty long range shots. The landowner to the North of that farm does not allow ANY deer hunting what so ever, but she is very understanding about recovering any wounded ones that may enter her property. All the other landowners surrounding the 200 acres, are either hunters themselves (I have caught a couple of them trespassing :barnie) or are remote owners that live off the property that abuts the farm. Just because the remote owners don't not happen to live on that property, some of the other neighbors seem to think that automatically gives them "privileges" to use or abuse that land. :rant I could tell you some tales of what I have seen first hand, when hiding in a well hidden blind, or even just walking the property while in camo.
Some folks have NO respect whatsoever..........