How to have your Kitchen Aid Mixer converted to hand crank

liz stevens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ever since we introduced the Kitchen Aid hand crank conversion mixer, so many customers have asked us if we could have an existing Kitchen Aid converted to hand crank for them?

Kitchen-aide-hand-crank-clo.jpg

For $199.95 our Amish machine shop can convert both the Classic and Artisan Kitchen Aid mixer to a hand crank mixer for off-grid use.

Mixers must be in good condition, meaning they havent been dropped, damaged or subjected to fire or flooding. (The electric motor does not have to be functional).

The electric motor will be replaced with a heavy duty gear shaft, with an adjustable speed chrome plated hand crank.

It functions just like the electric mixer. The creative adjustable crank handle allows you to adjust the speed so you do not have to speed up cranking for whipping. Simply loosen the black set screw on the end of the crank and adjust the handle speed for whipping creams, and sauces, or to slow the speed down for bread doughs and cookie mixes.

In the conversion process the port for additional Kitchen Aid mixer accessories will no longer be functional.

Converted mixer will have a one-year repair warranty.

For more information you can go directly to our link http://www.cottagecraftworks.com/food-processor-hand-crank-conversion-kitchen-aid-mixer-p-1290.html

We do still sell the complete refurbished hand crank converted mixer.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Interesting idea, but I think I will just keep using my whisk and wooden spoon. No more work for me - whisk as opposed to cranking - and definitely cheaper!

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ORChick said:
Interesting idea, but I think I will just keep using my whisk and wooden spoon. No more work for me - whisk as opposed to cranking - and definitely cheaper!
I'm kinda with you on this one- that would ruin my mixer for what I use it for the most.. the attachments. I also have many whisks and crank meat grinder and soon will have a grain grinder with an attachment to be able to use it with either the hand crank or the kitchenaid.
now if I had an extra with no motor and was useless then it might be an idea..

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I totally agree. So long as I have electricity to use, I'm using it with my Kitchenaid!! I got it for the attachments!!!! I can mix stuff myself if I want to, it's the attachments and cutting down on kitchen tool storage space I was after in the first place. I already have the hand crank stuff as a back up.