How to start with a baby?

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I recommend that you just go to iTunes and browse the children's songs, and folk songs. You'll find plenty of silly and fun stuff. I'll bet you can probably find some good stuff as public domain MP3 downloads - Kevin goes to iTunes to find things he remembers, then he goes elsewhere to search for a public domain download.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
Are there any CDs of children's songs that anyone would recommend? I am not a good singer and can't remember most of the songs I knew as a child. :p
Ella Jenkins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I love her and had every one of her CDs. My favorite song "Did you feed my cow?" I gave them to a teacher friend that was expecting before I moved up here. :( Now I wished I had saved them--for you!

eta:
Here you go: http://www.ellajenkins.com/

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My kids are older now so these may be more difficult to find, but they loved Fred Penner, Raffi, Charlotte Diamond, and Carmen Campagne (mostly in French, but she does have a lovely Christmas CD in English).

Check your library--around here they have tons of kids CDs :)

booker81

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Heck, my singing isn't ANYTHING to be proud of, but I think nothing beats momma's voice, as bad as it may be, and the nonsense song that comes out of it :)

At least that's what I tell myself.

I babysat my friend's one month old baby for a few hours so I could kick her out and let her be a human for a few hours (the friend). I sang to that poor kid, and she just google eyed me the whole time. She didn't scream, so I take that as she liked it!

I still sing to my daughter when I wake her up, and she's coming three. :)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Raffi is still a favorite here still! DS loves lots of our music too though and always has. He's loved the Beatles since he was 2! Yellow Submarine, Octopus's Garden, great for kids! He went through a Lori Berkner stage too. She's lots of fun. Dan Zanes & Friendsis another favorite.

Signing off humming "I like to eat eat eat eeples and baneenies....."