How to tame the frizzies?

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have natural curly, well super- springed, tight, curly, thick hair. I have yet to find anything that will tame the wild beast. In my years I have learned to ignore it,..or wear a hat. :lol: Shaving it would do the trick too, but I guess I am too vain for that. :D

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Might not be the cup of tea for some, but I just don't wash my hair that often. I have the wavy, frizzy, dry type hair. Especially when it was long, I just didn't wash it that often. And no, I never smell, tyvm. :p

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
ToLive....my hair tends to get too greasy to skip a wash. It needs it daily.

Tort, maybe you are right, I probably tried to do too much different stuff. My hair felt grosser than it looked. I like soft hair. ours looks pretty good though, I am impressed!

mamaluv321

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Dace said:

Tort, maybe you are right, I probably tried to do too much different stuff. My hair felt grosser than it looked. I like soft hair. ours looks pretty good though, I am impressed!
over production of oils happens with too frequent washing, it can over stimulate oil producing glands. try only rinsing every other day instead of shampooing, see if you can retrain those glands, just a thought. Good luck! =}

LetsBeSelfSufficient

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
mamaluv321 said:
Dace said:

over production of oils happens with too frequent washing, it can over stimulate oil producing glands. try only rinsing every other day instead of shampooing, see if you can retrain those glands, just a thought. Good luck! =}
I struggle with frizzy wavy hair too. I slowly weaned myself off conditioner, then I started shampooing every other day. Now I can go a few days between washings. I use 1/4 cup ACV + water + rosemary essential oil twice a week to knock out dandruff and excess oils and keep my hair smooth!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
LetsBeSelfSufficient said:
I struggle with frizzy wavy hair too. I slowly weaned myself off conditioner, then I started shampooing every other day. Now I can go a few days between washings. I use 1/4 cup ACV + water + rosemary essential oil twice a week to knock out dandruff and excess oils and keep my hair smooth!
That's what I was thinking too. If using shampoo causes the scalp to over-produce oils, then it made sense that using so much conditioner would cause it to underproduce oil.

Apparently it worked. :)

LauraJean

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I didn't have time to read through all the posts since I'm heading out for errands, so I'm sorry if this has been said already.

I fizzy ends, more than anything, and some flyaways and frizz in the length. I used to buy those serums which were fine but pricey. Then I discovered that olive oil works just as well if not better. It not only smooths the hair, but it's an excellent moisturizer. I used one of my empty "smoothing serum" containers, and refilled it with olive oil. Just a little though! Also adds great shine.

For the ends I rub it directly in because my ends are so dry, but for the length I rub it together on my hands first, and then slightly 'pat' it onto my hair. Then I rinse my hands and then smooth my hair down. This way it's not heavy.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I wanted to check back too. It has been 2-1/2 months since I used shampoo, conditioner, or any styling product! :woot

No frizz - even on the humid days!

I have to get a haircut this week. I hope they will do it dry because I don't want a shampoo and I don't want to pay for them to style it.

I wonder what they will say about my hair?