hqueen's collection of Far From the Usual stuff.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A day all to yourself! What a luxury. Enjoy it.

That is great that your BF could fix your truck. Neither me nor my husband know how to do things like that. Fortunately we have a honest repair shop that does all our work, from the car and truck to the tractor. He saved y'all a lot of money with his mechanical skills.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
@baymule he does save us a LOT of money. I have to remind him just how much sometimes. I'm SO grateful he can do the work!!

The day to myself was marvelous! I thoroughly enjoyed it! I got the financial tracking up to date for May, and did some cleaning, laundry, and even got to hang stuff out on the line outside because it was so beautiful. I did a little more business work, and then relaxed a little, too.

Friday I did the barn chores in the morning, and then went home for a while and putzed around. Then I headed down to my friend KG's house so we could talk more about our marvelous plan to hold a retreat down at the outer banks in the winter, and then I took her over to the yoga studio for Yoga Nidra. We found out that GS that teaches the Yoga Nidra is doing a workshop this summer that sounds really awesome, too. I have to look more into that because I'd LOVE to be able to learn more of the techniques she teaches.

Saturday the BF and I spent together being mostly lazy. We haven't had a Saturday morning where one or both of us hasn't had to go somewhere in AGES and it was WONDERFUL. I miss those days. We made chocolate chip pancakes together, and just had a really slow morning. E, the neighbor stopped by with his kiddo for a bit to chat, which was nice. We hung out for a while before they wandered home, and then the BF and I decided to go grab lunch and get him a hair cut and swing by his house to drop off some stuff for his mom. We ended up chatting with his dad for way too long (which is why I get annoyed when we go over there because that ALWAYS happens). We left in a hurry when a rain storm was about to hit, and ran over to get his haircut. I waited in the car while he went in and out. The place was dead, thankfully, so he was able to walk right in. We headed home to find that we'd gotten 1/2" of rain out of the storm. We lazed a little more and got a shower before heading down to TW and VO's house for dinner. We realized we hadn't been there since before we moved, which was a little upsetting. It was so great to see them and catch up. And of course, TW's cooking is always amazing. We indulged in such amazing food, and wine, and VO even pulled out Limonccello (sp?!) to go with dessert. That's the first time I had it, and it was REALLY good. We finally left at 10:30 and headed home. I had to drive because the BF had enjoyed himself a little bit much, and we were both so tired.

Sunday morning came WAY too early, but I managed to get to the barn at a decent time. Took care of the barn chores, and then headed over to meet DR who was up doing body work for the day. I hung out with her and everybody that was having sessions, and had a nice time. She worked on my neck, which was much needed!! When I finished up, I checked with the BF and he was able to get in touch with SH about helping them to put electric in the paddock for Cowboy and Coyote. Since he was already over there, I headed over to help. The BF was hungry, so I went to get us some food, and then SH sent us into the house to eat while he replaced one of the boards that the boys had cracked that morning (hence the electric being installed....). GH had been working in the house, so she came and chatted with us, and then she and I talked after the BF went back out to work. The bottom fell out and I was glad to be in the house at that point. The guys were mostly done working, though, and finished up in the rain, and got the horses put away in the paddock again.

We left there, and found that there was water EVERYWHERE from the rain storm. It was ROLLING down the drainage ditches, and even covered several driveways where the culverts were too full. It was crazy to see how much water there way. There's just no where for it to go right now, the ground is already saturated. Nobody has cut hay yet, I'm SO afraid of the cost of hay this coming season. It's going to be through the roof from all this weather. I hope that things normalize again soon and they can start cutting again so that we can have at least one good load here this season. Not that I want hot weather, but this excessive rain has just got to go.

We finally got home through the traffic and rain and I was so tired from being up late and then up again early that I decided to take a nap. It was already 4:00, and I didn't get up out of bed again until almost 7. We scrounged around and found some hotdogs for dinner, and that was about it. I'm super tired this morning since I couldn't go back to sleep easily last night either, of course.

We've had 2" of rain since yesterday, on top of the 1/2" from Saturday afternoon, and it's still raining this morning. I managed to get the morning chores done without getting toooo wet, and it wasn't too warm, either, which was helpful since I had to do all of the mucking instead of only just turning out. The gal that normally does the mucking today is out of town, so I was helping out. I got to work a little later than normal, but not that bad.

So we'll see how things go this week, but I'm trying to decided if I should worry about flippers or gills first.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ya need to send some of that rain down here - we're parched! Your lazy Saturday morning sounds awesome. I want one of those!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It’s so wet that y’all can’t cut hay, and here it’s so dry there ain’t any hay to cut! :he There has been one cutting. One. Normally we get 3-4 cuttings a season.

What is Limoncello?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow they're doing first cut here now, which is typical. It's been super dry here but we had a wet April so we're ok. Sort of... But the rivers are LOW so it's about to be not good.

hqueen13

Reaction score
It seems everything is out of balance :(

Limoncello is an italian drink that is made from lemons and is alcoholic, it's REALLY good, and will keep you in your seat for sure. It's quite strong, but only has that alcohol burn on the front end, and then smooths out to this delicious slightly sweet lemon flavor. It's really good!

Well, the BF's paycheck is in for this week. And while I had to make up for too much eating out over the past 2 weeks, he did ok. We're only $200 short of the $1500 he said we needed. I'll have to scrounge around and see if I can come up with it. He's resisting doing it because he doesn't feel totally comfortable he's going to do it right. I'm looking at the forecast thinking this is NOT going to be good if he doesn't get his butt in gear and get it done. I told him *I* wanted the a/c back again and he looked at me strange, I usually don't like a/c, but I'm SO tired of the humidity in the house, and not having the energy to get things done. The upcoming forecast is NOT going to be kind.... mid 80's up into the 90's a few days. That's going to be miserable in the house, and sleeping will be really difficult. I'm so done with this crazy crap. I'll have to talk to him again and see if I can get him to start moving on it. I'm willing to stretch and get the $200 figured out from a few sources if we have to.

My pay check should be showing up in the account today. I hope it's big enough to cover all the over spending from the past pay check and help me get leveled out again. I'm really tired of being stretched so thin. I need to take a look at the BJ's book and see if I can get some things with coupons so that we can stay caught up. I did end up cancelling JS's trip, she was supposed to be here over the weekend between June/July, but I only had 4 people respond to me, and commitments for just 7 sessions, and that's not enough for her to make money, and it's not fair to divide the travel expenses among only 4 people. I'm really irritated at quite a few people that never responded at all, after they responded to an early message that this weekend was fine for them. So we'll cancel it and everybody will have to wait until August to see her. I'm bummed to not see her, but honestly the gas savings is helpful to me. Right now I'll take any way to save a few dollars that I can! I do need to check to see if I can organize a workshop to try to make a few bucks along the way, too, especially since she's not coming up now.

Not much else happening. It's gonna get hot, and I'm tired of being squeezed so thin at the moment. You know, you think you know what bad is and then the universe is like 'hey, how about try a little harder!'

hqueen13

Reaction score
We're still hanging in there. Still stretched thin, but what else is new. Still no A/C, but I think this week's 90 degree temps will light a fire under the BF's butt. Almost literally. UGH. It was SO hot yesterday. The house ended up over 80 degrees by the afternoon. Fans just don't cut it. And after a while I get tired of having my hair blown back like crazy trying to be cool.
And since I'm strapped for cash (again... what else is new) I've got a fire lit under my butt, too. I'm working on getting my instagram account going, and now that's cross posting to my facebook page, which is cool. And I've got a few things to sell, so I'm going to jump on that this week, too. And I'm going to start trying to put together a plan for getting some things rolling. I'm going to make a recorded meditation for a lady I've been working with to see how that goes, hopefully it will be a new avenue that I can explore for supporting people.

We also FINALLY got the d@m chicken coop listed for sale. The ridge cap came in on Friday, and we were able to get it on Saturday and go over to my realtor's house to get that fixed and his son helped us move it out to the road. I put a sign on it on Sunday morning, and I've had a few people get curious about it. I listed it for $550 because we didn't end up putting the other half of the roof back on (the BF had OVER built it and put a roof overhang that was the same 4' x 8' as the coop itself, which I didn't ask for, and didn't really want, and cost a LOT of $$$!) because it made it super awkward to move. We kept the roof, and the bricks that we bought for the foundation so we can reuse them, plus brought the roof home to use it for a wood shelter for fire wood. Of course it's a HEAVY SOB (see above note about OVER building....) so I don't know how he's going to get it on top of a wood shelter, but that's his problem. I wasn't going to throw it away. All else fails he can take the metal roofing off the frame and take the plywood out from under it (why he decided to put it there in the first place I have NO idea) and it will be substantially lighter. At any rate, I wasn't going to get rid of it, or the 4x4's, and the bricks that we had. So now I just hope that the thing sells QUICK because I'm READY to have the cash in hand! I have quite a few other things I'd like instead, including A/C!! So keep your fingers crossed that will go this week and we can start moving on!

Not much else happening in other news. Trying to stay cool, and keep up with the house work in the heat, which is tricky. I am TOTALLY unmotivated when it's hot. I did manage to get the basement cleaned up yesterday (it was TERRIBLY overdue....), and the litter boxes cleaned (that was GROSS with the humidity... I'll just leave it at that) and I got the chinchilla cage cleaned again, plus gave her a dust bath and let her play on the cool basement floor. I got 2 loads of laundry completed and folded, and then I absolutely crashed. I think taking a quick bath in the middle of the day helped, otherwise I don't think I could have gotten through all of that!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:hugs Fingers crossed you can get the A/C replaced asap. I understand completely how you feel, I'm useless when I'm hot.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh dang - really hope you get the AC taken care of. Life is unbearable without AC, lol. At least in my geographical location!