hqueen's collection of Far From the Usual stuff.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Ouch on the wasp stings! :hugs Nasty things. I got attacked by a swarm of bees years ago, long story, stupid me, got about 17 stings on my legs alone. I hope you're feeling better now!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Congrats on selling the chicken coop. But DANG on the bee stings. That hurts! Last time I got stung it was on that fleshy bit of skin between the thumb and forefinger - very tender and stayed swollen for days! Sorry they got you - but glad it wasn't any worse than it was - and it was bad enough. :(

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Thanks, y'all!! Yeah, wasp stings suck.
@sumi 17 times!!! I can't even imagine!!
My stings are basically healed (thank GOODNESS for awesome remedies!!). But I think today my body is finally trying to get rid of the toxins. My stomach has been upset all day. A couple years ago I got stung on my finger (kind of like you, FEM!) when I grabbed the lid of the can to open it for feeding, and didn't realize that was a WASP on the handle until I felt it between my fingers. I thought it was a piece of hay or something poking me. Not so. I immediately went and put oils on it and stuff, but I used some pretty hefty oils and a few hours later I was RUNNING to the bathroom as my body was getting RID of the toxins! Oops! Won't do it that way again!

Thankfully, tonight at my energy healing class it's Yoga Nidra night so I'll get some deep rest, and tomorrow I don't have to get up with an alarm so that will help a LOT (especially since I won't get home from class until almost 10)!

Got the cash from the guy for the coop last night on the way home. SO glad that's off my plate. Now to decide what to do with the money. That's probably enough that combined with the money mom and dad gave us towards the hot water heater it will cover the rest. But then there's the survey that needs to be done, and the power upgrade that needs to be done... So lots of things that it could go towards that will help, but I don't know what makes the most sense at the moment. I'm just going to sit on it for a bit and see what comes.

That's about all the news around here. It keeps raining. Another inch this past weekend, and another 1/2 between yesterday night and then yesterday evening. There was a GORGEOUS HUGE DOUBLE rainbow after it rolled out yesterday, though, which was so lovely.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

hqueen13

Reaction score
FEM it really is the best thing ever. If you can find someone who does it in your area it's well worth it to go. If not, then recordings work, too. In person is way better, though, I have to say! It is amazing how much more restful you can get with something like yoga nidra than just trying to sleep.

I had a great restful day yesterday. And yoga nidra on Tuesday night was good. The only irritation yesterday was that my phone didn't want to cooperate. I tried to do a facebook live on my biz page and it failed repeatedly. It claimed it couldn't maintain the connection, which makes no sense at all. My phone has been doing all sorts of odd stuff lately. It just needs to cooperate until September, and then I can get a new one. I'll certainly pay more, but at this point I'm ready to pay more for something that is better quality. This phone has been terrible pretty much the whole time I've had it. It's cheap, and that is obvious in the way it operates!

Last night I didn't go take care of Cowboy and Coyote before the BF got home, and instead we went down together after dinner and then went to the local dairy for a milkshake. They had an amazing sounding reeses milkshake for the milkshake of the month. Got there and they were out of the peanutbutter ice cream. What the heck!? Settled for a mint milkshake instead, which was good, but just not the same. I guess that just means we have to go back!

Otherwise, stuff is rocking along. We're still having conversations with our lender about how to make this refinance work. I think it will, and some of that hinges on having the house appraise for more than we bought it for, but it only needs to be about $3,000 or $4,000 more. So not a whole lot. I'm waiting to hear back from our realtor to find out what the comps are in the area to see if they've gone up a little bit. There aren't many comps in our area, but we'll see what he comes up with. Keep your fingers crossed that it comes together with as little out of our pocket as possible! That means more money to put towards projects! Every little bit helps! We'll also get a bonus couple of months when we don't have to pay a mortgage payment, so as long as the closing costs stay super low then that'll be extra $$ in our pocket, too!

So I guess not much to report right now. We've got a busy weekend coming up, and then the wedding next weekend. I'm really hoping we can get a lot of things caught up this weekend that haven't been done in a while. The cars need to be washed. He's got to get his jeep ready to sell, the black explorer needs an oil change and he's got to replace the fill hose on the gas tank and get that sealed again so that hopefully it passes the emissions test. :fl:fl:fl We need to make a dump run to get rid of some of these recycles and get the old freezer off the back patio so we can start to reclaim the patio. I need to vacuum in the house, and do some more laundry. I want to finish the foot stool project that we started right after mom was here (she helped me get it started, but we ran out of time to finish it). The back door also needs one more final coat of paint to finish off that project. I need to get the BF to get the bookcases we just replaced back down out of the attic and take pictures of them to SELL to put a few more extra $$ in my pocket. I also have quite a few other things that I need to focus on selling, too. I want this stuff out of here! Hopefully we can get a good amount of this stuff done this weekend, but we'll see how it goes.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wowee a Reeses milkshake sounds delish! That sucks they were out - definitely means a trip back!

I hear ya on catching up on projects - my list gets longer and longer....:(

Hope the refinance works out!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Fingers crossed for the refinance and all the pending goods sales. Every bit helps!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A lower house note would make a difference. Hope it all goes through for you.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Thanks yall!
We did talk to the lender this weekend (apparently this guy just never stops working... he was texting the BF yesterday afternoon which was Sunday!), and it looks like we're going to have to have about 1 "payment" out of pocket, but that will be the payment for that month, so we won't be doubling up. That's helpful, but not as good as I was hoping. It's all still hinging on getting the house appraised for more than it did when we bought it. Our realtor sent the comps to the lender, but apparently there's some odd stuff going on in our area with home values, and some homes are having to put in holding tanks instead of septic systems, which is bringing the value down. We're fine, so I don't know if that will mean our house will go up in value or what. So we're waiting to see what he says and we'll go from there. Hopefully we'll find out more this week.

My budget is so tight it's not funny. Thankfully this pay period is a big one, so HOPEFULLY I can manage to work enough hours that I can make up for my over spending and have enough leftover to be able to manage my budget for the first half of September. That would be SO helpful to be able to do that. It's already a 7 day pay period for me, plus I worked an extra 6 hours on Friday, so it should be fat. The question is just how many hours do I want to work on all those days. Mondays are always 8 hours, or at least usually, since I'm down in the main office and have to work with the boss. Thursdays are generally 8's, too, and Tuesday was my shorter day. I've been putting in long hours though since I'm trying to keep my bills paid. We'll see what I have the energy for. The sort of good news is that Cowboy and Coyote's owners are home until next Tuesday. So I get a break and actually get to function like a normal person and NOT have to run all over every morning and evening keeping them fed, too. While I want the money in the biz, too, that helps me be able to breathe a little and not have to rush out the door quite as fast in the mornings. It means Wednesday I technically don't have to leave the house, which is awesome! AND that saves on GAS!!

We got almost nothing done that we wanted to this weekend, and spent too much money, too. We have a wedding next weekend, and the BF couldn't fit into his suit, so he had to go buy another one, naturally. :rolleyes:He got a good deal, but that doesn't make the extra $180.00 spent any more in the budget. Then we went to the grocery store, and then went to the beef farm and bought beef (which meant buying 12 pounds of ground beef because it's only $4.50/pound for grass fed beef), which is way more than I should have spent at the moment, but we won't have to buy beef for a while, and I got a deal on packs of chicken breast at the grocery store last week, so I shouldn't really need to buy meat for a little while. Hopefully I can keep the grocery budget down and not spend too much more for the rest of the month.

The only other things we got done this weekend were take a nap, and some laundry. I guess it's not a total waste, but then I slept like crap last night, too. But it sure was nice to drive straight to work this morning!

I'm trying to figure out what to do to bring in some cash quick, and I might try to do some pet portraits along with some readings for people. I need to get money coming in so that I can pay to get storm home. It will reduce my stress level SO much to have him home. It'll save me a little money (depending on whether or not I finance a shed or not...), and it will save me a LOT in gas (gas has to come out of my personal budget, not the biz budget because I claim the miles on the biz budget). I'm ready to have him back home now. I'm very tired of having to deal with the rules and drama at the barn, let alone cleaning up after someone else's horses!

So there's the latest edition of whining. Hoping that things settle out soon, because I'm done with this crazy energy!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Would be nice if the re-fin would save you a bundle of money, but sometimes it's worth it even if it's just a bit each month - it adds up. Still hoping you can get Storm home sooner rather than later. It will really simplify your life and who doesn't need that!?!