Hurricane Sandy

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Pretty snow showers going on here with only a slight wind. If it picks up we'll lose power but, for now, everything is beautiful and serene....lovely first snow of the year.
gotcha.gif

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
We dodged the bullet. We had more damage in this area from Irene last year. I think between Irene and the derecho earlier in the year the majority of the weak trees were already down. And w/the dry summer, water levels were down, so we didn't get a lot of flooding.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
my brother got slammed. roofs torn from his neighbors homes, he lost 5 beautiful blue spruce in his yard, trees down everywhere, power out for 7-10 days.
they were to fly down Sat. mornign for a visit but I would think he is going to cancel. Haven't heard yet. He has to talk to Mom again on that.

this storm was devasting to many areas. very sad situation.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hackettstown NJ

he said his area is horrible.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
That's way north of me. And I know that area got hit harder than we did.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
OK, they're saying on TWC that this area might get hit mid week w/a nor'easter. That's something we DON'T need.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
mother nature is being hatefull! what put her in a snit?

(i have a guess)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Just got an email from my brother in Jersey.....thought I would share.

Karen,

We are canceling our trip. Our flight is down. Too much crap happening up here right now - nothing is back to normal. We have power and internet as of 5:00AM Friday - so life is getting a little better. No gas stations or food stores open. ShopRite, etc. All went dark and refrigerated foods spoiled. So they have to wait for power, clean up, and restock. It's a real mess. Jersey Shore is destroyed, Staten Island was sent back to the dark ages and parts of lower Manhattan are w/o power. No Gas anywhere. Over the summer I was stocking things, like we have 4 full propane tanks, 10 cases of water, 10 Coleman camping propane tanks w/a propane stove, etc. Never really thought I would have to use that stuff until the Mayan calendar ran out. LOL Now I have to restock over the next few months.

Plus a new storm on Tue????

I bought a generator from a Genrac dealer in Cherryville with dad's help. No gennys in my area at all. It arrives today. I pre-wired everything so it will flow into my main breaker panel (no extension cords). It runs on propane and I have 500 gallons of it underground!!! No gas lines for me. At least I'll have well pump, heat, microwave and a few lights next time this crap happens!

You can't buy anything around here at all - nothing! Will be like this for several more weeks.....

Later,

Rich

Maschil

Power Conserver
Reaction score
wow!!!!!!!!!! im so sad to hear about this.... we suffered from Isaac a month ago with no power but this is nothing compared......