Hurry what helps a 5 yo's bellie ache? P.S. it's for real!

TX Honky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well I tried warm water with a lil bit of vanilla for taste and he said it was good and that it felt a little better, 5 min later, back to square 1. He's sorta pace'n back and forth rubbing his bellie. Im gonna try to get him to go to sleep now and we'll see how Tues looks. Thanks-good night! Well just before I was about to submit this and shut my comp down, he came in here and said come with me to the bathroom, I said ok, thinking I was about to encounter something in the toilet, and so just when we got in there he barfed all in the sink, not in the open, clean toilet, where all the chunks coul be flushed...no...in the sink where I'm gonna have to well ya'll know. Two bright sides of this story...he said he feels better and he didn't puke on the brand new carpet! good night!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OH TX----I feel for ya but literally a good throw up usually helps the tummy big time! LOL

sleep tight all of ya! :)

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Hope it was just something he ate and not a virus or the flu. Let us know how he is.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I know he is young, but believe it or not, it could be his gallbladder! Take him to see a doctor.

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I know its a little late but for future reference Ive used flat cola or peppermints. If it may be gas some bubbly soda sometime works.

TX Honky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well this mornin he seemed to be fine, He said his belly felt ok. I wanted to keep him home but it was picture day, I sent a note with him, to let them know I would come and get him if he felt bad again. Tonight has been fine too he hasnt said anything about his tummy so maybe he's ok. The school sec said that there was like some 24 hour bug going around. I reckon thats what is was. Thank ya'll so much!

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Glad he's better. It's sad when they feel so sick.

scrambledmess

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Just a word of warning, Pepto has aspirin as one of its ingredients. You do not want to give aspirin to a child who may have a virus. Better to never give aspirin to children for any ailments. Aspirin mixed with a virus can cause Reye's Syndrome: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reye_syndrome

I have a child who whenever he has gas or needs to have a bowel movement, his belly really hurts. I have taken him to the ER (yes me the ER nurse) twice because of how much pain he was in. If your little one was okay this morning, he probably just had gas. Poor little guy. Next time, try to have him point to where the pain is. Over the course of an hour or so, if the pain moves, it is probably just gas or him needed to have a bm. If the pain stays in one place (especially the lower right side) and increases or suddenly goes away, has fever, nausea/vomiting, you might want to have him further evaluated.

Glad he was feeling better!

mamakate

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
My best digestive upset remedy is live culture yogurt. Great for heartburn and diarrhea.