I almost met someone famous today...

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Went castle exploring with a friend, who told me about this lovely castle not terribly far from where I live, so we went looking for it… Up this road and down that one, we eventually found the place and went in. I found some wonderful stables, the castle etc behind that and looked around for someone to talk to. A guy was sitting in a truck just outside the stables and I went up to and asked him if it'd be possible to speak to the owner(s) of the castle about photographing it for my website... The poor man started stuttering. The owners are very protective of the place! So he gave me the cell number of the manager of the stud, who we spoke to. She was a bit, just a bit, adamant that there is not a chance we can do that, the horses might get spooked and the owners are VERY private about the place and so on and so forth… Which I respect completely. I didn't take any pics. On the way out we bumped into a lovely lady at the gate and had a chat with her as well. She said the owners are VERY private! Big smile, very friendly, lovely woman. On hindsight I think her smile was probably more bemused than friendly… The owner we found out at the next castle we stopped to photograph, is none other than my favourite composer, Andrew Lloyd Webber!!

I cannot believe I walked into his stud and calmly asked to speak to the owner….:thWell, I'd say it was certainly worth a try?!? :D Pics of the day's castle exploration HERE

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My daughter met David Bowie at an airport bookstore once. They got to talking and he mentioned he had no idea how to get to his hotel. She knew where it was and said it was a very short walk from where they were, and they walked there together. He offered her refreshments in his room, but she explained that she had a flight to catch. The old bugger was obviously hitting on her! I mean, how could someone like that NOT have a ride to his hotel? Anyway, she told me that even though he was old enough to be her father, he was still HOT, lol.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol!!!

I have met Steven Tyler and Joe Perry, but that's not rare in NH. They were both very nice. And, I think, appreciative that no one made a huge deal of them being there.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH saw Bubba Paris at a hardware store in San Jose (that's where he lives). He didn't recognize him, just knew this was the biggest d**n person he'd ever seen. It was the clerk who told him who it was after Bubba left the store.

My best gf had a blind date with Bill Gates years ago, before he made it big. Things didn't go well because she drank and smoked and he didn't like either in a girl. *sigh* If she'd known what was gonna happen, she would have been willing to quit, lol.