I am a chicken rookie

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Mrs. Puff, now why'd you have to go and spoil all our fun. :smack Alright, I admit it. That's where I got TONS of info. It sure was nice thinking I was a hot shot, if only for a few minutes.:bun

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Scott..........I used a large plastic storage tub(think tupperware) and lined the bottom with pine shavings. Next I layered 5 or 6 layers on newspaper on that. Set the water and the food dish close to but not under the heat lamp. I put the heat lamp on one end so they could get out from under it when they got to warm. You must keep them out of any drafts until they are feathered. I had this setup in my garage until they outgrew it. By then they were mostly feathered and they were ready for the chicken tractor. The layering of the newspaper makes it a lot easier to clean up every day, by simply picking up the soiled paper, wadding it up and tossing it. It helps to keep the pine shavings a lot cleaner for a lot longer.

Enjoy your new hobbie and your new pets! :frow

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
Aidenbaby said:
Mrs. Puff, now why'd you have to go and spoil all our fun. :smack Alright, I admit it. That's where I got TONS of info. It sure was nice thinking I was a hot shot, if only for a few minutes.:bun
LOL! You too huh? :lol: