I am a newby!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Please tell us about your allotment, what have you got there, beside poultry? And just a hint… we LOVE pics ;)

CommunityAllotment

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Okey!
The peas are HUGE now and ready to be picked and so sweet and juicy! Some of them are droopy coz of the weightiness of the peas, so we are going to hold them up with canes.
The courgettes (zucchini) are growing VERY quick! We have them every night! I think we are getting sick of the sight of them soon! lol They are SO Big! But some rot on the end and then wreck the rest of the courgette :mad: I don't get it! such a waste! :( We hardy waste ANYTHING! The remainder goes to the chooks :thumbsup
There was an extra LARGE courgette, so i decided to let it grow into a marrow........but the plant looked very unhappy so we had to chop it off :hitI think the life and stuff went into the courgette and the plant's life drained away...I am not sure......How do i grow a marrow properly? :idunno
I shall take a LOAD of pics when i can but not right now :(........I shall send some old pics if u like?:)

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Those peas sound good! And the zucchini (I just tagged you in a recipes thread for them)

Please do take pics yes! If you'd like to, start a thread in the gardening forum section and share pics and updates and harvests there. We like seeing what everyone's growing and doing with their produce :)

CommunityAllotment

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thank u so much! so kind! :hugs
Yeah i shall hopefully post there! :celebrate

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hello. I'm a new as well. This is a great community though.