I am cursed when it comes to making bread.

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I sure could use some help. I can't even get it right with the bread machine. Everything goes great, then somehow at the end it doesn't rise well and my bread becomes chicken food. thanks, Nancy

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Could be your yeast. Take a half cup of warm water (not too hot or it will kill the yeast, not too cold or it will not grow) and dissolve a teaspoon or so of sugar in it. Sprinkle some yeast on top. It should start to bubble up in about 10 minutes if left in a nice, warm spot.

(Hi, Sally!!!)

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies, yeah, the yeast bubbles and the bread does rise up real pretty but for some reason the final rise is not good. I have tried both the 2 or 3 rises setting on my bread machine and neither come out good. I just don't know what to do.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Can you borrow a bread machine from a friend and see if maybe it is your machine? I never used a bread machine so I can't help you if it is not the yeast....

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I started a bread making thread Neko chan, did you see it? There were a lot of helpful hints on it and links to recipes. I have had the same problem but have recently done a little better!