I AM GETTING WELSUMMERS!!!!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
farmerlor said:
Woot!!! Good for you! I got MY eggs today too so we'll be hatching on the same day. I've got 18 Frizzles and Silkies and 23 mixed.
Weeelll....with the mutt eggs I have in the 'bator, the 7 Welsummer eggs, and the blue/black/splash/barred rock welsummer mixed eggs that also came today, I have 58 eggs that will be in the incubator....

That's not counting the 2 dozen eggs I'm expecting on Saturday...........

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Looks like we will all be hatching at the same time.
I got my Welsummer eggs today too, along with some Golden Cuckoo Marans, Ameraucanas and some eggs from my own flock.
I crossed out some of Black Copper Marans with my EE to get an Olive Egger.
All of my chickens came from breeders and are purebreds except for the ee, who came from a breeder but is obviously not a purebred so I figure crossing her with a Black Copper Maran will at least give me some cool Olive Eggers.
I collected some of her eggs this week along with the ones I got in the mail today so the bator is set to go for tonight.
This brings me up to 23 breeds.

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh, and I JUST found out that my new, young EE roo is doing his manly duty by my girlies so as soon as I'm done with THIS batch in the 'bator I can hatch some of my own babies! WOOT!

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh, Congrats!
Wellies are awesome! I have several that earn their keep, neat birds. My offer still stands later, I think you're on my Spring list for the pitifully few Black Copper Marans eggs I'm starting to get, some are actually becoming decently dark! I'm working on pens and such now, but the girls are starting to lay! Yippee!! Would you still like some Black Coppers to go with your Wellies? (If you recall, my price is reasonable, at no charge)
Tina

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
tfpets said:
Oh, Congrats!
Wellies are awesome! I have several that earn their keep, neat birds. My offer still stands later, I think you're on my Spring list for the pitifully few Black Copper Marans eggs I'm starting to get, some are actually becoming decently dark! I'm working on pens and such now, but the girls are starting to lay! Yippee!! Would you still like some Black Coppers to go with your Wellies? (If you recall, my price is reasonable, at no charge)
Tina
YES YES YES YES YES A MILLION TIME YES YES YES YES!!

I forgot all about your black coppers!

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
tfpets said:
Oh, Congrats!
Tina
YES YES YES YES YES A MILLION TIME YES YES YES YES!!

I forgot all about your black coppers!
Forgot??? :ep

Cool, then it's a happy thing!! :thumbsup

I'm going to be doing the pens "soon" and I cant wait to start getting BC to start doing his job!! He is such a DOLL, dont you think?? He's even hugging two GLW chicks here, he's such a sweetie!

BcNGLWs.jpg

We'll keep in touch - I'm on BYC all the time..doin my chicken thing!
Tina

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
HAHAHA I already shot you a pm to find out about shipping!

Your BC roo is gorgeous!!

We are doing our taxes this weekend and DH said I can get a new 'bator with turner...I'll put the black coppers in the new 'bator so I won't have to be opening it etc...LOL The last batch you sent me, I got 2 eggs to day 18, had a temp/humidity issue I think and lost both chicks! Two beautiful fully formed chicks, too. :hit

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
I put my Welsummers and the other eggs that arrived yesterday in the 'bator. :)

Then today, my eggs from Gatekeeper arrived! He sent me 4 Buttercups, 2 Salmon Faverolles, 2 Frizzles, 4 Welsummers, and 1 Lakenvelder. One Buttercup was cracked when they arrived, but other than that, they are all OK. They are resting now and will go in the other 'bator tomorrow. :)

I will probably sell the Buttercups if they hatch pretty quick, as it is not a breed I am interested in having. I am undecided on the Lakenvelder. I might have to keep that one, assuming it hatches, if it turns out to be a pullet.

Also, my friend is helping me build my website today and she designed my business cards for me...all for free!! Can't beat free! (course the website is just a geocities site, so it's free regardless, just I don't know how to navigate it, so until I learn, she's helping me!)

ETA: This is one of the mutt eggs from my mom's flock. I candled early because of losing the power the other day. This is Day 5...see the veining and the chick?

328_100_4415.jpg

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Great picture! I'm glad things are looking so positive despite the power outage.
I'm sending a dozen mutt eggs to school with DH on Monday. They will be delivered to a BYC member (suddenly I'm feeling like I already shared this.. if so sorry!) There will Welsummers, Red Stars, Buff Orpingtons, EEs and today I got a Barnevelder egg for him too! All are crossed with silkie.
Wish I were close enough to buy any of your Buttercups that turn out to be pullets if you don't want them. :/

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Well, I candled a day early! I looks like all of my Welsummers have development in them :celebrate I definitely saw chicks in 2, but these eggs are incredibily dark! It's hard to tell. I had ONE clear that I had to remove, and that was it! :celebrate

ETA: My mutt eggs are on day 13, and I only had to remove one of those last night, putting me at 30!