I am going back to work

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i talked to an uncle yesterday for a while and where they are at in a retirement place they have it on full lockdown with absolutely no visitors. in order to get groceries they have to be delivered to a tent at the entrance and then all packaging gets removed or wiped down and then they have to leave some things sit for a few days after being washed.

i really can't blame 'em as once it gets in a residence home like that it seems to spread to almost everyone.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I saw & replied on BYH. You will do great & then quit. LOL

As I said there -- "crap happens" is one reason I waiver to totally stop work. It's scary. My 2 part time jobs allow me an amount of flex and no concern about my age, just a good job done -- happy store managers make for my happy district manager.

Of course, I am home alone. While no one with which to share, there's also no one else to consider. Just me & the critters. I'm it! Been that way for years. Do what's best.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow, Bay. We had a year like that, 2018-2019. But, not as bad as yours. So sorry you have to take this drastic step, especially during this pandemic. But, kudos to you for taking action instead of letting your credit card debt bury you. Stay safe. Wear a mask and change it often. Step out of your clothes and into the shower the minute you get home. Hugs to you.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Haha, I went today and was told training starts tomorrow. The poor girl was terribly embarrassed and apologetic. I told her not to worry about it, stuff happens. So I'll go in tomorrow and get started.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sorry it came to this, but good luck in your new venture. Might be more of us joining you due to this stock market decline...:(

i'm glad to say that i don't really follow the hype or day-to-day news. i've studied the market quite a lot over the life time i've been working, investing and saving along with when i retired from my main job many years ago (about 30yrs earlier than most people would consider it). it goes up and down. just hold to your longer-term plan of investing and that should mean you are buying more when the market is down if you are regularly investing.

i have worked part-time and a bit of full-time too, but eventually they became wrong for me so i quit those. in the future i might go back to part-time again, but at the moment things are ok with me doing what i love to do here. gardens, puttering about and whatnot.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
A friend of mine works as a Physical Therapist Aide - she helps support the patient. She is on her feet all day also and was complaining to one of the therapists about her feet hurting. She had bought 2 pair of specialty shoes ($$$) that were recommended by that therapist and was unhappy that they didn't stop her feet from hurting so bad at the end of the day. The therapist said to bring a second set of shoes and change them at lunch. My friend does that most of the time now and she says it does help.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
i'm exhausted reading about it! 179 more days to go? not sure what your time-line actually is on this, but i'm rooting for ya @baymule !
My time line was going to be 6 months, but I don't think I can take it that long. That is a disorganized place, short staffed, leave 1 person on shift to do the work of 3. I've even been told that I can't have a lunch break, that I get automatically clocked out for, because I need to finish my work. I got a feeling that i'll tell them to shove it in the not too distant future. I had some crappy jobs before, this one ranks down towards the bottom with the worst of them.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My time line was going to be 6 months, but I don't think I can take it that long. That is a disorganized place, short staffed, leave 1 person on shift to do the work of 3. I've even been told that I can't have a lunch break, that I get automatically clocked out for, because I need to finish my work. I got a feeling that i'll tell them to shove it in the not too distant future. I had some crappy jobs before, this one ranks down towards the bottom with the worst of them.

Wow for a homesteader chick to say your new job ranks near the bottom of the crappy list is saying something... Being a homesteader you must be able to deal with "crappy" a lot.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It sounds like they think they have you "by the short hairs" so they can treat you shabby and you won't do anything about it. I've never understood employers with that sort of attitude when, by just giving an employee a bit of respect they can get twice as much work out of them. Hope you can find a better job soon!