I believe I just might be spoiled

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So for lunch, does it get any better than a Reuben made with home made rye bread, kraut and pickled beets -n onion grown in the garden? I don't think so... so good!!!

Poor city folks and their store bought veggies! They really don't know what their missing and we won't tell them either :)

IMG_20171130_130629199.jpg

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That looks and sounds wonderful! Home grown and produced meals really are the best, aren't they?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I lovr pickled beets! Looks delicious. You're making me sad I have a small garden planned this year!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I lovr pickled beets! Looks delicious. You're making me sad I have a small garden planned this year!

There's always next year... But I swear I never have enough garden... if I had 3, I would need 4. You would think with a 25'x50' and a 50'x100' I would have enough garden but nope... I ran out of room and couldn't plant potatoes this year :(

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So, if you had a goat or two, you could make your own cheese. A steer and your own beef. THEN you would be incredibly spoiled. :D For now, just suffer with veggies, pork, chicken & eggs!!

Uhhhhhh......some of the city slickers just think buying is as good. They just do NOT know the difference.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So, if you had a goat or two, you could make your own cheese. A steer and your own beef. THEN you would be incredibly spoiled. :D For now, just suffer with veggies, pork, chicken & eggs!!

Uhhhhhh......some of the city slickers just think buying is as good. They just do NOT know the difference.

You got that really right (all of it). We are taking baby steps... But it's all in the plan.

As far as city folk, I used to be one UNTIL I woke up and realized there has got to be a better way... And you know what... I was right :)

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I used to sell our extra eggs at work, and I remember one co-worker telling me she wouldn't be buying them anymore because those deep orange yolks made her baked goods "look funny." Compared to what???

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I used to sell our extra eggs at work, and I remember one co-worker telling me she wouldn't be buying them anymore because those deep orange yolks made her baked goods "look funny." Compared to what???

People are funny aren't they? Durrr... Those deep orange yokes are much better than pale yellow yokes. That's the first thing I noticed when I got my first few eggs from my chickens, the deep orange yoke. Then I eat a couple and didn't get a stomach ache like with store bought eggs. The I didn't fart up a storm like with store bought eggs.

A short story... a little over three years ago we made the trip for my one of my sons wedding. That morning the family gathered at a restaurant for breakfast, I ordered eggs sunny side up. One bite was enough for me... It was just plain nasty tasting, let alone the pale yellow yoke did not look natural -:lol I haven't eat a store bought egg since and I won't either. I mean why would I want to subject myself to a stomach ache and fart storms that will clear the room in a hurry?

Latest posts