I can't get peanut butter

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Due to the coming 40% increase in PB my store can't get any until them. I tried to order a case again. NO GO!! My friend who owns the store said he tried ordering a pallet a month ago of skippy and they denied the order. They said he was hording!! :( So now in the free market when you buy by the pallet you are a horder not a smart business man. :( God save America!! MY friend said be prepared for after Christmas. This is just the beginning. Suger is coming too. Over and Out from the Free State of Maine Northern Front.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I feel for you being on that island.

YOU must be way ahead. We chatted about PB a long time ago on this thread. You should have bought it all THEN.

Me, I just got back from the store. It is one sale, cheap...truly.....no problems, yet.

You must be way ahead of the game cause your supply line on an island is off the chart. Me, I can hit 10 stores and buy with sales and be way ahead of the game...but funny thing is we don't eat it. Hubby like the grape jelly mixed wtih PB and eats maybe 2 per year :p

I believe you are right. It is going to get WAY WORSE and if you think sugar is going up......then stock NOW for yourself.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had tried to buy any since the announcement about the price increase. I had already stocked up, & have about 12 jars (which really isn't much, considering how much the dogs eat!) ;) :lol: :rolleyes:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lol 2bz

if the dogs rank in high priced foods, then times are not that bad for ya lol (joke)

we are cheap here but I am sure it will vault very soon

Seven Hens Farm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Im going to go to the local Fleet Farm store today to see how much it is. What would be a fair price to pay per pound?

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Check Amazon.com.

I think I just need to quit eating as much PB. I love apple slices dipped in PB.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
lol 2bz

if the dogs rank in high priced foods, then times are not that bad for ya lol (joke)

we are cheap here but I am sure it will vault very soon
Yes, they are spoiled for sure; they both get a Kong with frozen PB as a bed-time treat. But, I have used "spray cheese" in a pinch, so may have to go to that now! :p

Seven Hens - I don't buy it by the pound; but I've been able to get it at China-mart for $1.79 for a 18 oz jar...no idea what it is today! :/

(edited for spelling)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I bought a bunch of PB last week. I get mine at the discount grocer here for dirt cheap. It's close to the sell by date but meh...we go through it anyway.

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
16 oz Teddy 3.19 a jar here. I just cleaned the shelf out today. Most everyone here buys the skippy and Jiff. I like my Teddy. I have 22 jars 2 yrs worth with good dates. :) 22 lbs of PB YUMMY!!!