I don't feel so good....

ThisOldCabin

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I don't have any fever.But my head hurts,my eyes hurt,my face hurts and I've got a hard cough.I cough so hard I feel like my head is going to pop.My throat is not sore but feels like I shoved a thistle bush down it.It feels kinda swollen or maybe thick?I feel like I should be coughing up stuff but there is nothing.I do have asthma and a inhaler,it helps but I don't think my lungs are the problem,yet.I have been drinking lots and lots of water and some juice.I am thinking just sinus issues.But if my throat is itchy its draining too much.I have not tried flushing my sinus and don't think I can.I wonder if I should try.I hold my nose when I jump in the creek because I get strangled if water goes up my nose.I can probably go to the doctor if I really need to.I'm not much for store bought medicine and usually just wait it out but I think I'm ready to try something.Any and all advice would be greatly helpful.Thanks.

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ThisOldCabin said:
I don't have any fever.But my head hurts,my eyes hurt,my face hurts and I've got a hard cough.I cough so hard I feel like my head is going to pop.My throat is not sore but feels like I shoved a thistle bush down it.It feels kinda swollen or maybe thick?I feel like I should be coughing up stuff but there is nothing.I do have asthma and a inhaler,it helps but I don't think my lungs are the problem,yet.I have been drinking lots and lots of water and some juice.I am thinking just sinus issues.But if my throat is itchy its draining too much.I have not tried flushing my sinus and don't think I can.I wonder if I should try.I hold my nose when I jump in the creek because I get strangled if water goes up my nose.I can probably go to the doctor if I really need to.I'm not much for store bought medicine and usually just wait it out but I think I'm ready to try something.Any and all advice would be greatly helpful.Thanks.
If you have any antihistamines in the house, that might help a lot.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I find this remedy very helpful when I have a cough. Chop some onion real fine, cover it with some sugar or honey and let it sit until a syrup forms, then take small spoonsfuls. It actually tastes pretty good, kinda like when onions have been sauteed to just the browning point, when they are sweet. This also works for sore throats.
You might also try a nice warm bath to which you could add one of the following: epsom salts, baking soda, lavender, 1/4 c hydrogen peroxide (this would oxidise your body, helping to rid you of toxins and bacteria), sea salt.

Hope you feel better. :hugs

ThisOldCabin

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thanks,all.I feel better.I fixed up a syringe of salt water/saline and shot it up my nose.One side flushed though and I keep on until the other side did.I didn't drown.:rolleyes:
I took a hot shower,too.I need to work on my diet/food intake.I do think it is lacking.I eat good but I don't eat enough.I get laughed at because I only eat half as much as the boys.But,dang,they eat alot.Of everything.:D

I hope they cook me something I can keep down.:bow

Thanks.............

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
chicken soup! It really helps!

I really like Nyquil as well.

Hope you feel better!