I don't usually rave about a movie, but I was pleasantly surprised...

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
by the movie P.S. I Love You!

The boys all went to a football game and I got home late from work to a quiet house. I had rented this movie on the way home, something I rarely ever do...just a whim really.

Girls, if you want to watch a good chic flick, this is it!
It started kind of slow and I didn't know if I would like it, it had Hilary Swank in it and I'm not real fond of her work, it was a new movie and I'm rarely impressed with the quality of the movies released now days....

Guess what? It turned out to be a real, honest to goodness good movie with some surprises, some real good scripting, great acting and a good story line...and, of course, the much needed end to every chic flick....a good ending! I hated for it to end, so I judge that as being a pretty good movie!

ETA: I am moving to Ireland as soon as possible! :D

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Although I'm not a big fan of 'chic flicks', I may take your advice on this one. What changed my mind? Ireland! lol...I love Ireland and Scotland!

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I never, ever go to the movies, however, the kids bring them home occasionally, and about a month ago I watched this one - and Beekissed, you are right, it was a delightful little movie. Nice. That's why I don't bother with most movies, they just aren't nice, they don't leave you feeling good at the end, and that's what I want of a story, to be happy at the end.

Nuggetsowner:)

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We hardly ever rented movies untill Red Box showed up everywhere. It is easy to use and only $1.00 a night. Renting a movie still only happens about once a month or so for us.

I will have to check this movie out sometime. Probably on a weekend my DH is busy with work and the boys are doing something else. Being the only girl in the house (besides the dogs :D) I don't get to watch chick flicks very often!! :(

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Nuggetsowner:) said:
We hardly ever rented movies untill Red Box showed up everywhere. It is easy to use and only $1.00 a night. Renting a movie still only happens about once a month or so for us.

I will have to check this movie out sometime. Probably on a weekend my DH is busy with work and the boys are doing something else. Being the only girl in the house (besides the dogs :D) I don't get to watch chick flicks very often!! :(
Same here, Nugget! I especially like the ones that make me cry, as I don't get to cry very often in real life...have to stay tough most the time in my roles! My boys love making fun of me crying over a movie....they never fail to laugh at it! :rolleyes:

P.S. This one made me cry! ;)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I saw and liked it too. I love seeing the cottages and little towns and all they use in movies and such. So romantic of a setting....

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ohhh that movie made me cry and cry!

another good movie thats out in theatres now is Nights in Rodanthe. and a good one to rent is The Lake House, I loved that movie!

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Who is going to go see The Secret Life of Bees? I think I'll go to the theater to see it, I've been waiting for years for it!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
reinbeau said:
Who is going to go see The Secret Life of Bees? I think I'll go to the theater to see it, I've been waiting for years for it!
LOVED the book!!! Can't wait for the movie! :D