I Got a Free Vita-Mix WHOO-HOO!!!

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Mine is a 5200C, it came with either a ten year warranty or I could have went with the seven year warranty and gotten the wet blade/container for an additional 50.00. Since we have wheat/grain allergies in the family I just extended the warranty which I later regretted LOL.

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You are indeed lucky to have the vita-mix, but Super Lucky to have a DH that actually invited your mother to live with you. No mother in law syndrome there, I'd say!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
so lucky said:
You are indeed lucky to have the vita-mix, but Super Lucky to have a DH that actually invited your mother to live with you. No mother in law syndrome there, I'd say!
I do have a wonderful DH. My Mom had a stroke in March, couldn't walk, spent time in rehab (nursing home), then therapy as an outpatient and is finishing up home health care therapy. She is mostly clear in her mind, but something is broke in there and will probably never come back. She fed the dog from the dinner table a few nights ago and giggled and then fed him again. Who is this woman???? We had the estate sale today and everything is gone except what she wants to bring to our house. (hope it will all fit) The workmen should be through with the remodel on the master bedroom Tuesday or Wednesday. Then I can kick it into high gear again and get everything moved in here, gotta be out of her house by Friday. Wish me luck. :fl

Then I think I will make a smoothie or something in the Vita-Mix. Probably will make a mess. :lol:

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm one of those heartless daughters whose mother is in assisted living. Both parents decided to move there about 2 years ago, now Mom is a widow after 70 years of being a wife. I honestly don't think I could bear it if she were to move in with me and my DH. Probably the main reason is that I see myself in her, and all the little quirks about her that drive me crazy, are what I fear I will be doing, or am already doing. I am very fortunate that Dad managed to provide for her in her old age, while he was working. Baymule, I think you have a rough ride ahead. Older parents don't get any more reasonable, or more healthy. Bless you for having the patience and love to care for her. I will be rooting for you.

CountryKat

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
:D I dont have the one for doing that but the vitamix I have has been fantastic. Welcome to the VM family. You are going to have soooo much fun trying new things in it.

Also, I love that you are able to have your mom with you. She must feel so blessed that you and your dh are a loving family.

Take care,
CK