I got chickens!!! :D

westtxamber

Power Conserver
Reaction score
So I finally got to go to the local feed store and get my pullets. I got a production red, barred rock, and golden wyandotte. I haven't chosen names yet lol but they are so sweet. They don't do a whole lot, but I guess that's the stress. I have pics posted on BYC if anyone's interested. I do have a question though. They all appear healthy except the barred rock has a bald behind. Why is that? Should I expect illness? Should I call the feed store and get a different one? What can I do to treat it?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Probably had runny poo and got caught in the tail fuzz and either picked off by another chick or pulled off by the feed store folks trying to clean it's rear end. I wouldn't worry too much about the little one, but watch for the others pecking the funny looking butt...anything different and they can't seem to resist :/ :lol:

Congrats on the babies!!!!!

westtxamber

Power Conserver
Reaction score
They're a week old is what I think the lady said...I sorta got caught up in the excitement. Oh and I figured I might as well post the pics here too :p I don't mind showing off my new babies :p
4864_barred_rock.jpg

4864_golden_wyandotte.jpg

4864_production_red.jpg

4864_pullets_in_brooder.jpg