I have extra Goats milk. I need good recipes

Sebrightmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have been making cheese, yogurt, and soap. I still have some extra milk that I would love to try new recipes. Please share yours with me. I am looking forward to making items that my family will love.
Thanks ahead for time.:D

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Well you are already doing the 3 I would have suggested. Can you freeze goat milk?

Sebrightmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I would love to share what I have with others. I have offered the milk to two families that I know are having hard times. So far no one has came to get some. My father-in-law was using a small amount every night to feed some baby goats that was born and the mother didn't have a lot of milk. I was using as much as I had, but it seems we have slowed down drinking it. I am not sure why. The goat is still milking about a gallon a day.
I am trying to come up with other recipes I can make. I have been freezing some of the milk for soap making. I have been making soap three times a week here lately. I guess I will freeze some more milk for the future. I have another Nubian due in March and several more due in May. I guess I will have lots of milk for awhile.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Don't you have a health food store near you? Can you put an ad on craigs list? (Or are their local laws that prevent you from selling??)

Oh! Idea....phrase an ad like this...

FRESH raw goat milk FOR SOAP MAKING $_____ / gallon.

Then if someone drinks it, well, not your problem...they were SUPPOSED to make soap out of it! LOL

Sebrightmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have listed it on our local site for pet food and soap making. I had one person email wanting it for lambs, but she ended up buying a milking goat for them. I just wish I could find someone that really need it. I would be willing to give it to them. I hate to think of it going bad. We aren't using it right now.

I am making pudding today to use some of it.

Chickadeedle

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I, too, wished we lived closer to you! Have you called any food banks or shelters to see if they would like it or know of any families who could and would use it? Maybe take a few milk baths? It would be wonderful for dry itchy skin! Do you have an ice cream maker? I've always wanted to try goat's milk ice cream. Chocolate and goats' milk cheeses go wonderfully together, so I would think chocolate ice cream would be delicious! Maybe make a ton of 'cream of' soups using the milk in place of cream and freeze them. I'll add more ideas as I can think of them!:)

Sebrightmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I went to get a ice cream maker yesterday, but they didn't have any. I thought it would be wonderful to make my own ice cream. In a few weeks I am going to buy a cream separator. That way I can make butter, plus use the cream for other recipes.
Thanks for all the ideas. I am going to start freezing some of the milk today.