I have never

DebFred

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hey there. I've never killed one yet. I will eventually when we get them. But once the rabbit is processed, I fry them like a chicken. Bread them in a bit of flour, salt, and pepper. Then fry them in hot oil. I love rabbit. Very tasty and not gamey at all. Good luck. You can do this!!

GardenWeasel

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sorry for the multiple posts, this old computer sometimes goes crazy just like it's operater. Well for good or bad depending on how I want to look at it the person who I was getting the pet rabbits from said he had decided to give them to a guy with a petting zoo so his kids could visit them. So no rabbit for me but I still got a good deal on a large kennel and a rabbit hutch. So I will continue my quest to try rabbit and thanks for the advice and recipes. Kind of glad it worked out that way as taking the kennel apart and loading it was a big enough job for two old coots.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
For me, rabbit is chicken. Tastes pretty much the same, so use it in any recipe that you'd use boneless, skinless chicken in. :)

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I was going to recommend the rabbit wrigger too. I think they also make one for chickens,or just use the same one.In the video it looks simple enough. I can't wait to try it.

Latest posts