I have peeps

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Christmas is not my favorite holiday, it's just too commercial. I'm trying to make more of my gifts and this years list includes blankets, pajamas, aprons and canned goodies. What homemade gifts do you love to give and receive?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I give spice mixes, and gifts in a jar, mostly cookies. I recieve...commercial stuff mostly if/when I get anything :lol: Nobody wubs me enough to make me things :( Well, actually I get artwork from niecey who is 10, and DD16 has given me paintings recently as gifts :D

I can't sew worth a flyin flip...but I'd LOVE to do blankets, and aprons!!!

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Funny you mention that WBF this year I decided to make the No-Sew-Blankets 12 of them to be exact with 7 down and 5 to go. Polar fleece was 75% off on black friday so thats the only purchase I made after Thanksgiving (love Thanksgiving) Rubs and spice mixes are a great idea. Gifts in a jar, heaven knows I have a great stockpile -o- jars. Thanks I was running low on good ideas.

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
3 blankets dropped off at UPS, 3 more being delivered by my sister and the rest will get opened Christmas day. 1 left to finish but there's still time.;) I just got the tree decorated all 30 inches of it. Couldn't bring myself to put up the big 9ft monster and I like the small one. This year less is more at my house. Tomorrow I don't have to work so the baking begins. Christmas cookies and breads for family and neighbors. I have been blessed this year and was able to budget enough to donate juice and stuffing for the B.P.O.E food boxes plus a little food for the local horse rescue. Seems as though I have a case of the blues but keeping busy is my way of dealing with it. Am I the only one that wishes Christmas was over already????

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Nope, I do as well. I both love and hate Christmas. I love the season and the reason for it. I hate the hustle and bustle of it.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
@Wannabefree fleece blankets easy and don't require sewing skill. Happy to help teach if you want.
Best gift ever was last year I made a fleece blanket for my bf with my mother's help, in front of him "for my nephew". It had antique John Deere tractors on it. That was an awesome smile when he opened that box!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Ha! I love doing that to people :D I may look into some of the no sew stuff for next year, it sounds interesting. Mostly folks got homemade items this year except for the kiddos. And per usual niecey girl made me some artwork. Christmas Eve she made me a sign for the front door for our party that said "welcome to the good loving house" :lol: Leave it to a 9 year old...she cracks me up!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Haha!
The fleece blanket are easy, there is a "blanket stitch" that done to bind off the edge, but it is easy to learn.
My gifts this year were jars of apple butter. We couldn't afford to really give gifts. Oh, I did make my sister a cute mixer cover out of rooster and chicken print fabric, and my nephews got hand made corn hole bean bags in their favorite colors with their initial on them but that was about it.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
We had already bought for the kids before DH got laid off or everyone would have gotten homemade gifts this year, kids included. Those sound like some very nice gifts! I bet everyone loved them. I love homemade presents, ya just can't beat the quality, and they just feel more special when a person takes their time to make something for you. :) My Amish friends usually make us stuff, usually cookies, or homemade candies, and it's the best!